2

She was quiet, she never spoke much at first. She was shocked when she saw the house. I'm not surprised. I'm shocked by it as well sometimes

                                   ---

" wow " I gasped. " nice house " I looked around.

" yeah, would you like to take a shower,
Maybe get some clean clothes? " Corey suggested. I nodded. " follow me. " I followed Corey as he grabbed some clothes and a towel and showed me too his bathroom.

" you can use my soap and stuff it's just there. Here are some clothes and a towel. Either me or Capron or both will be in the kitchen/ living room. " he switched the shower on and stepped back and smiled at me.

" thank you " I smiled back. He patted my shoulder as he walked past me to exit the room. He's so nice. He'd be an amazing big brother.

After the shower I got dressed. The clothes were baggy but really comfy at the same time. I had to roll up the pants so I didn't trip up. I walked out into the living room where Capron and Corey were. Corey motioned for me to sit down on the sofa between him and Capron. I sat between them.

" how about a movie? " Capron said picking up the remote.

" yeah "
" sure "

Me and Corey agreed.

Half way through the film I began to grow tired. Corey noticed and pulled me closer to him, he rested my head on his lap and Capron pulled my legs across his. I soon fell into a deep sleep. Today has been one of the best days of my life. Finally a night free of the cold. A night free of the dirt, the concrete. I am so fricking lucky.

                                 ---         

She began go grow on me more than I thought she would. We really connected and she seemed to follow me around a lot. After that night it knew I wasn't going to put her back on the streets or get rid of her, I knew deep down that I wanted to adopt her and I wanted her to be my little sister.

I never told you how long ago this was. Well it was only a year ago but so much can happen in a year.

---

" corey! " I laughed as he became " the tickle monster " and attacked me. Capron stood with the camera, watching and laughing. He lifted my top up and blew raspberries on my stomach, like a father would do. To be clear I don't see him as a dad. I've only been living with them for nearly a month. I see him as a brother. The best brother ever.

" CAPRONNNN " I laughed, " HELPP" I couldn't contain my laughter.

" I'm afraid you're on your own. " he laughed so hard. Everyone was laughing. At that moment it was like I was never found on the streets and we had been together our whole lives.

---

The room was full of laughter and good times, good memories. It was one of the first times I realised that I didn't want her to go. I knew from the start that I wasn't going to put her back out there. I promised her.

---

Corey had put me in his room to sleep. I was going to bed later than I was and he was going to sleep on the floor. I didn't want him too. But he said that I'd slept in the floor enough in my past and he said I deserved to sleep in a bed. I'd nodded and curled up under the covers.

I sat up sweating unable to breathe at a normal pace. My eyes darted around the room. I don't want to go back. I can't go back. I'd had a dream. Nightmare even and all I could think was, please don't take me back, I don't want to go back. The tears rolled down my cheeks and soon I broke out into sobs.

" night Capron! " I heard Corey yell

" night Corey! " Capron yelled in reply. The door opened and Corey walked in. When he saw me he dropped what he was doing and sat next to me.

" hey, shhhhh. " he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me over to him, " what's wrong? " he said quietly.

" I - I d - don't want t - to go b - back " I sobbed into his chest

" you won't go back, you'll never go back. " he reassured me.

" please don't take me back " I whispered quietly, begging.

" I promise, I won't take you back. " he promised me, holding me close to him.

" promise? "

" I promise. " he slipped his shoes off and lay down next to me. I cuddled up next to him.

" you're safe now "

---

We lay there for the rest of that night and eventually fell asleep. No it wasn't like that, I had a girlfriend and I still do. Like I said earlier, she was like a little sister to me. Ever since that night I knew that she was going to be around for a long time, and that I was going to adopt her.