5

12 months
After we got back from the hospital she was very down. She couldn't do anything she loved. She had to be on oxegen, therefore having to carry an oxygen tank around with her wherever she went. She couldn't dance, she couldn't ride, she couldn't sing. She would just sit alone staring at a wall, or picture. She knew she was going to die and that was the worst thing about it all. She was lost, she had nothing to do, she felt empty, she was depressed.

---

I heard them talking about me, I heard it a lot actually. They knew I was going to die, i knew I was going to die. I have to make a decision. Chemo or no chemo. I stare at a picture of me Corey and Capron in a plain black frame. I looked at Capron, mid laughter, eyes sparkling, making memories, he was happy. My eyes shifted to Corey but I looked away quickly, I couldn't even look. He used to always be smiling, you would constantly here him laughing and making jokes. Now I can't even look at him, knowing that if I distance myself it won't be as hard for him when I die.

" all right that's it. " both brothers say either side of me on the couch.

" we aren't having any of this anymore, let's go have fun. " Corey said.

" what do you want to do? " Capron asked me.

" I can't do anything " I said quietly.

" yeah you can, what did you like to do before you were homeless? " Corey questioned.

" I played instruments, danced, sung, acted, flipped. " I say.

" what's your favourite instrument? " Capron asked.

" piano "

" lets go buy one "

---

So we bought her a piano. She played that same song. The song that she danced to. It echoed through the house. I watched her play and learn for hours on end. After she'd finally got it right we decided to film it.

---

" you ready? " Corey asked me steadying his camera.

" why is this so scary? " I say adjusting myself.

" you can do this, you've performed a lot in the past. " he encouraged me.

" okay " I said signalling for him to start recording. I begin playing the first few notes, tempo steady, dynamics moderately quiet. Moving onto the next part, speed quickening, dynamics louder. It felt as if the notes were swirling around me. I finished with the last chord, notes lingering in the air Corey shut the camera off.

" that was amazing " he said shocked.

" yeah it was " I smiled admitting it.

                                 ---

That was when I realised I couldn't and wasn't going to live without her. We decided that we weren't going to give up without a fight that we were going to loose anyway. We knew that.

She had one month till her six week chemo treatment started. She'd been dreading it. She didn't want to but she did it because she was a fighter. She never left my side, she was never going to because if she died I might've had to kill myself. But for her I kept going and supporting her because she wasn't going to go through this alone.