Chapter 1: Breaking The Fire

(Picture of Zyron up top^^^)

[Destiney's POV]

           My head whipped to the side, a stinging sensation corrupting the side of my face as my brother's hand came in contact with my cheek. Tears blurred my vision, but I refused to cry as my brother kept yelling at me profusely.

"I TOLD you to make dinner! And what do you do?? You leave it cold!" He screamed, hitting me again which only caused me to stagger and fall onto the ground. A sob broke free then, and I mumbled incoherent apologies as he stalked towards me. I crawled to the corner of the room, covering my face as he went to punch me.

"You can't do anything around here! Mom raised you to be worthless! Nothing but the dirt on my shoes!" Zyron hissed, yanking me up by my hair and I gasped, holding back a scream as he pulled roughly. He drew his face closer to mine, speaking in such a low tone that I felt scared for my damn life, "Mom would be so disappointed...why can't you do anything right Dez? I don't let you live here for the hell of it."

"Y-you came home later than ex-expected...so t-the food went cold..." I whispered, collapsing to the ground as his knee came in contact with my gut. The wind was knocked out of me then just as he stood above me.

Why did I deserve this? Why did mom and dad have to die? Zyron only started to act like this once they passed...drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes was part of his daily routine nowadays. Waking up and going to school was something I never enjoyed...but since it was March break, Zyron would hit me in the face and not have to deal with people asking questions about me.

I was afraid to tell others, because he threatened to kill me if I did. I wasn't allowed to eat until after he was done, and I usually got left overs. I had to do housework around the house, and if one thing was off I would get beaten for it. What happened though? He used to be so nice...we were close.

The brown hair and blue eyes that I once known were fully of light and happiness, personality as sweet as candy, was now turned into something that I could not even recognize. Zyron was just a stranger...I knew nothing about him now which upset me greatly. Why couldn't we just go back to the way things were before the accident? To when he was loving, and acted like my brother?

But now he was just a monster...

"Have you learnt your lesson? I hope you have learnt your lesson," Zyron chuckled, grabbing me by my shirt. What surprised the both of us though was that when he hauled me off of the ground, my fist came into contact with his face and he let go of me instantly. Curses from him filled the room, and while he was distracted I used that chance to book it out of the bedroom.

I stumbled and nearly ran into the wall as I exited the bedroom quickly, running down the hallway while Zyron was cursing from left and right. He was absolutely exploding in anger, and that was what terrified me the most about him. His anger problems were through the roof.

My heart was beating inside my chest rapidly, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I ran down the stairs. My fear only got worse as I hear Zyron's footsteps immediately come after my own.

"GET BACK HERE! DESTINY!" Zyron roared, his tone choleric which only fuelled my fear. The door was so close...just a step away...

Just as I curled my hand around the door knob to yank it open, Zyron grabbed onto my blonde locks and tugged me back. I screamed loudly, gasping as he shoved me against the wall so I couldn't move.

"Let me go!" I screamed, squirming against his hold which was honestly starting to get painful. He didn't let go though, and I gritted my teeth as he leaned in close and only tightened his grip.