39

Michelle

I walked into Starbucks the basic bitches shop, the stereotype that I always will fit into.

I naturally walked straight up to the counter, looking down and deciding that I would have my normal order.

I looked up, to see a smiling cashier but then I realised who it was.
It was Phil Lester.

Hesitating I decided to not give any fucks,

"Morning, could I get a iced tea?" I asked patiently, avoiding eye contact with Phil.
This is the job he was talking about.

"Yep, anything else?"

"No thankyou."

"£2.29 please."

I handed Phil the money, I flinched the sudden touch.

"Where about are you sitting?"

"In the corner."

"Alright, have a nice day." He said smiling awkwardly as I turned to walk away with my receipt.

Phil didn't say anything, he hated me now- he didn't want to be partners, nor friends.
I'm actually really sad about it.

As soon as I sat down I scrolled through my phone even more to look at social media as that is where I basically live.
Pj was telling me to come over, so those were my plans for tonight.

My mind was still buzzing with the possibilities of what Phil could be thinking, so I decided to text Dan to see what Phil had been saying about me, so I was reassured in anyway.

Michelle: dANNY

Michelle: I need help and assistance

Michelle: bOI WHERE U AT

Michelle: I heard that maltesers are shutting down.

Dan: say what

Dan: ur joking right

Michelle: ofc I am I needed your attention

Michelle: what has Phil been saying about me recently?

Dan: I'll be honest, he's been regretting confessing his attraction to you, he's not as healthy or happy as he used to be.

Dan: why?

Michelle: he's serving me at his job in Starbucks and it's bad because we haven't talked since and it's so ridiculously awkward.

Michelle: I swear he fucking hates me.

Dan: play it natural

Dan: do what you think and trust yourself

Dan: and trust me he feels the opposite of hate about you

Michelle: but idk

Dan: go with the flow idk I've only had one girlfriend who now hates me

Michelle: alright dan, thanks anyways

Dan: good luck :)

---

Phil came over holding my drink.
He didn't have his apron on.

"Here." He smiled, "can I talk with you?"

- consent is important kids -

I nodded, "yeah- thankyou."

He slid into the seat opposite me as I stirred the straw around in my drink, avoiding eye contact.

"I know I've said it enough times- I'm sorry." Phil sighed, running his hand through his fringe.

"Me too." I sighed.

"W-why are you sorry?" He asked slightly confused.

I looked up still resting my chin on my palm.
"I regret bursting out like that.. I was just jealous of how you never spent any time with me.. and the fact that you confessed your attraction to me, I should've known better to not just reject you. I'm sorry for putting you through all that regret- basically."

"I- I'm sorry for being creepy, it was pretty weird." Phil sighed with a small smirk of regret and cringe creeping onto his face.

I chuckled, "it's alright- you were nervous."

I saw his cheeks redden as I sighed, ignored his sudden blush.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting back to your job?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh- no, I'm off shift now.." Phil replied biting the inside of his cheek.

We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes.

"You want to do anything then? Become good friends like we were?" Phil asked with a hopeful smile.

"As long as you tell me why you hung around with Leigh-Anne."

"I wanted to keep my mind off you, I can't stop thinking about you.. which sounds creepy.. but it's true."

"Alright, where do you want to go?"

"Just the park?" Phil asked.

"Yeah." I smiled, joyfully getting up and walking out next to my renewed best friend.

Also crush.