Chapter one_the usual

I woke up to the sound of breaking glass... Mom was at it again.  I covered my head with my pillow to try and drain the noise but it was of no use.
" what in the name of God is all this racket. " dad said coming out of his room. I followed him to the source of the noise,  only to find my mom in the parlor with a base ball bat in her hands. I looked around the parlor to find almost every piece of glass furniture in shatters.
You see,  my mom is a drug addict, and most times they get to her head making her a total maniac.
"Barbara, I've told you.  When ever you're in those damn things don't come back home. " dad shot with anger in his voice. "you're a threat to Nadia's safety. " "well,  I don't give a hoot bout what you're yapping about" mom bit back not even looking him in the eye. And just like that another argument began. I merely dragged my self upstairs to get dressed for school so I wouldn't be late.        

*******_
"woah Nadia, why the long face? " Kaylee asked.  "nothing really, mom drunk, dad mad, the usual... " I said walking to my locker.  "I'm so sorry Nadia. " she said putting an arm around my neck to comfort me.  " well enough about my personal woes,  how was that party on Friday? " I said in a bid to raise the mood in the conversation.  "it was... A-ma-zing!!! " she squealed raising her hand from my shoulder. " it was,  was it? Tell me all about it. " I said as we reached our lockers.  "well,  you may not want to hear this,  but, Nicole showed up. " she said giving me a funny look.  " go on... " I said taking out my books from my locker. " she had on one of 'em  pink ripped ripped denims with a black crop. "

Did I mention Kaylee's a fashion freak?

"and what did you have on? " I said raising a brow. " just one of 'em skater dresses" she said flatly.
"pretty sure you slayed it. " I said with a knowing smile. " why not? "  She said as we walked to class.

This chapter's a little short, but then its just the beginning. I may not update very often cos I'm in school but I promise to update as soon as possible. Don't forget to leave your votes and comments. Thanks :)