Memories Worth Forgetting

Characters:
Matthew Bonnefoy (Mattie, Lillian's younger brother, son to Frederic and Alexander)
Lillian Bonnefoy (Lilly, daughter of Frederic and ???)
Alexander Bonnefoy (Alex, maiden name Alexander Kirkland, husband to Frederic, stepfather to Lillian)
Frederic Bonnefoy (Papa, Lillian's biological father, husband to Alexander)
Allen Bonnefoy (Al, Lillian's youngest brother, son of Frederic and Alexander)
Stella (Ella, Lillian's best friend, dating Matthew)

-

Bold is current events
Italics are the memory

-

"17, 18, 19, 20!" I shout and spin around "ready or not! Here I come!" I giggle and run off to find Mattie, my long messy blonde hair streaming behind me.

-

 "MATTHEW!!!" I call out into the inky blackness of the night, my blue eyes wide with fear as the sounds of war rages on behind me, "MATTIE WHERE ARE YOU?!"   

-

"Maaaaaattieeeeeeeeeee" I coo and look around for my younger brother "he seems to have vanished!" I smile big since I know he hates that.

"No! I'm right here" Mattie's head of blonde hair pops up from his hiding place "hey! Not fair!" He crosses his arms.

"I'm sorry Matt!" I jog over and hug him.

-

"MATT PLEASE!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I shout and trying to see my younger brother anywhere among the rocks and sand of the beach.

"L-Lillian...." I hear a soft voice and I run towards it.

-

"Please don't be mad at me Mattie..."

"I could never be mad at you Lillian!" He smiles brightly and I smile back.

"GET THE BLOODY FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" A mad Alexander yells and I pull him into my arms hold onto Mattie tight.

"Alex calm down, there are still kids in the house!" Papa snaps back, trying to calm down the mad British man.

"I DON'T CARE! YOU GET YOUR BLOODY SLUTTY ASS AND THAT WRETCHED DAUGHTER OF YOURS OUT OF HERE!" I flinch and feel hot tear fall down my cheek.

"CALL ME ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT BUT LEAVE LILLIAN OUT OF THIS!" Angry foot steps start to get closer to me and Mattie and I force the younger nation behind me, trying to shield the younger child from the fighting, my attempts where fruitless as I'm quickly ripped away from him.

-

I freeze, seeing my brothers bloody beaten up figure laying in the sand, his blue eyes hardly open.

"Matthew..." I run to his side and quickly take my jacket off to wrap the up the gash that scars his side.

"L-Lillian..." His soft voice mumbles and I quickly hush him.

"Shhhh.... Save your strength...." He just nods and relaxes a bit.

-

"You small worthless child, your life was a mistake" the man who is my stepfather hisses hatefully at me.

"L-Let g-go!" I squirm in his grip, making him hold my neck tighter, lifting me from the ground.

"ALEXANDER LET HER GO!" Papa yells and tries to take me back, Alexander just punches him away.