Chapter 15

Marshall charged into Stephanie's apartment home. The house looked so depressing; The couches were ripped, the windows were smashed, and there were ashes all over the floor.

"Whoa! What happened in here?!" as he walked in completely, he heard a weak voice call,

"Marshall...?" the dalmation turned to see that it was Chase, lying on the floor in pain.

"Chase!" he charged towards the injured pup. "Chase! Oh my gosh!"

"You actually came all the way out here to see me...?"

"Chase, what happened to you?!" Marshall shouted, ignoring his question.

"The crazy lady threatened to burn me with a bunch of lit matches..." Chase coughed and lay his head on the floor.

"Did she?"

"Literally." Marshall's eyes widened. No wonder why the floor was covered in ashes, and it smelt like it was about to burn down.

"Oh my god, Chase! That's a huge emergency! You're in really bad pain!" Chase started to whimper in discomfort, feeling unbearable pain run through his body.

"Marshall..! Please help!" tears began to stream down his face, making Marshall want to cry as well. "This is all my fault for overreacting. Gosh, I'm so stupid."

"No Chase. Don't say anything like that about yourself. It's my fault for starting this whole thing." he said. "I'm the one who deserves to be punished. You, you're the best police pup I've ever met in my entire life." saying that brought a weak smile to Chase's face. "Can you come back home, Chase?"

"Of course.." he smiled a lot more until he felt the unbearable pain shoot at his weak body again. "Aagh!" he shrieked loudly.

"Uh oh! I've gotta get you out of here!" he tried lifting the injured pup up, but that only added extra unbearable pain.

"Aah! It hurts!"

"Sorry buddy." Marshall gently set the pup back down onto the floor.

"G-God! I can't take it!" Chase hollered, twitching and twisting around in discomfort.

"Hang in there, ok? I'll call for help." Marshall looked out the opened door and started howling for help.

Skye, Rubble, Zuma, and Rocky were watching Ryder climb his way to the roof on the electric cords, hoping he could make it. Stephanie was swinging the cord around, trying to loosen his grip.

"Come on, Ryder!" Skye cheered.

"You can do it, dude!" Zuma cheered after her.