Two.

Well. It got me worried because, Jill has been my friend since god knows when and she gets into trouble a lot. She falls for the wrong guys and in turn blames herself for when they screw up with her. She is really fragile. The expression on her face tells me that something amazing happened to her, and that 'amazing' thing is really worrying me. I don't want her to get hurt as always.

"So, Jill. What's up? What are you so excited about?" She gave an ear to ear smile that made her eyes twinkle. She looked really cute.

Wait what? Did I just think that my best friend was cute when she smiled? Oh my god. What's happening to me? Why would I think that? And why am I making a big deal out of this? I mean she is my homie and I think she is cute, nothing wrong with that. I have spent my entire life knowing her and we have had some hilarious moments and some depressing ones. Like that one time when she laughed so hard and milk came out of her nose. Haha. That day was hilarious. I find myself in an amusing position.

".....and then, he asked me for my number!" Damn. I was lost in myself again. Number. Whose number? God. What's going on? This happened to me so often. Zoning out, not being aware of my surroundings. "Jill. Whose number?" I said with a very puzzled expression on my face. She looked at me as if she saw a bug on my face, with absolute disgust and said, "I have been speaking for 5 minutes and you're not paying attention to me?" Oh shit. "Jill....I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I was just lost in my thoughts." She tried to smile. But the twinkle in her eyes started to faded.
"Jill, what happened?" I said with a faint smile on my face. "Okay. Okay. But this is just the summary of what happened. So, yesterday I was speaking to Kent on Facebook. Kent is Darwin's friend who is Rory's friend and who is Maddie's chemistry lab partner's friend who is Josh's best friend,"
Woah. I didn't know what to say. Friend circle much. I thought to myself and made sure to give her a look full of anxiousness 'cause then she would think I was fascinated with her research in the "Anatomy of friendships at Harvard 101" and would love to know more. "Uhuh.....so what happened Jill?" She got all excited and by the look on her face I could tell she wanted to celebrate. "AND HE ASKED MADDIE IF HE HAD MY NUMBER! JOSH ASKED FOR MY NUMBER! I AM SO OVERJOYED!"
And there she goes again. She will never ever learn even after her past heartaches. What will I do with this girl? At this point I found myself in an extraordinary position and with all the thoughts and responses running through my head all I could end up saying was, "Jill! That's cool." I know. I am a horrible best friend and I can't celebrate with my best friend's happiness. But I truly was happy for her but also disappointed at the fact that she never learnt. "Jill, spare me the details at lunch kay? I have to get to class or Mr.Oodh will kick my booty."

"Okay..see you at lunch. Bye" she waved at me as she walked away.
So. Its just me walking to my class. Alone. Why should I be scared? Oh. Wait. I am surrounded by love sick couples. All holding hands and kissing and doing all sorts of lovey-dovey  stuff. I should be more grossed out that scared. Ugh. Love made me sick. Being in love made no sense to me and in retrospect it is a waste of time and money. Love is the 6th sense that destroys all the other senses and makes the person nonsense. Yep. That's love.

God. No. Again, I was lost in my thoughts.

I looked at my watch and saw that I had only a minute till my class started and I, being the procrastinator I am, I didn't finish it. I start sprinting to my class and Thud. I smash into Neil and his hands hold me by my waist. I know what you're thinking. It is not one of those clichéd moments where the guy and girl stare into each other's eyes and realise that what they have been looking for has always been right in front of them.

Well in my case, he looked at me and said "Hey. Look where your going and avoid bumping into greek gods like me. Gods don't mix around with peasants." Greek god? And him? Bullshit. He looked like a walking scarecrow. He was super fair and kinda on the skinny side, he was raven and never wore  anything other balck, white or red. I gave him a disgusted look and said, "Neil the sun's out. Shouldn't you get back to your coffin? And you being the stupid as you generally are, stop calling yourself a greek god and call yourself a vampire. Suits you better."

I was done with his bullshit. He remained silent so I walked away and entered my class, where I happened to encounter an obnoxious angry bull who stared at me as if I was covered in red.
                                                                     *************
Vote.Comment.Share.