Thirteen.

A month passed by and no bad news of Ebenezer. In this time, with the help of the IT sector in the FBI, I got some information on him.

He was previously married to an Indian, Shanaya Chanchalani. She belonged to a royal family from a place called  Rajasthan. They were married for 2 years and then divorced. No kids. She is an actress for a TV show and prior to this, she was a pornstar.

Yep. Expected from Ebenezer.

He worked for an IT company in India under the name of Steve Purcell. He was a millionaire and settled in Mumbai.

There was a sharp knock on my office door followed by a feeble voice that spoke, "Ms. Colins, can I come in?"
Chyanne.

"Yes Chy, please do."

She walked in with her 6 inch Jimmy Choos that went click-clock-click-clock against the wooden floor.

"I have some umm...bad news." She said with hesitation.

"Well, go on then."

"Ms. Colins, Ebenezer escaped last night."

I was shocked. Ebenezer escaped last night. That was enough to kill me internally.

Chyanne came by my side and rested a consoling hand on my shoulder as she spoke,"Ms. Colins, you alright?"

I nodded and asked her to leave me alone for a little while.

I sat down on my chair and kept turning around in it that made my vision panaromic.

Why hadn't anyone told me about this earlier? Why do I have such a nice team working under me, who don't tell me stuff anymore?

Maybe there is an explanation.

I called up Ryder through the intercom and ordered him to come to my office.

In approximately thirty-seconds, Ryder was part of my panaromic vision. In-between breaths he spoke, "Jamie......what's.....wrong?....you alright"?  the sound of the door banging against the wall, came to become music to my ears.

I stopped spinning in my chair and asked him to sit down. Now my vision was hazy as I was dizzy from all the spinning.

"Ryder, you are informed that if any thing goes down you will have to let me know. Right?"

He looks at me confused. Oh God, this is going to be a very interesting conversation.

Now I speak through my teeth, "RYDER! Ebenezer escaped last night and all of you couldn't tell me a word about it!!"

He shook in his seat. I was like a big ferocious dog cornering a kitten.

"Jamie, I got to know that he escaped at around six in the morning. I was going to converse this to you but, the prison warden strictly denied me from doing so." He spoke in a low feeble voice. I scared him.

"And why is that?" I questioned.

"Ebenezer engraved a somewhat note on the wall. The engravings read that you are to be told about this incident only after 10:30, or Colin and Cali will be in danger." Ryder said in a much more stronger voice now.

"Hmm....okay. But from next time, I want you guys to tell me about anything. I mean anything that goes down around here. Is that clear?" I emphasised on clear.

He nodded and got up to go. He stopped at the door and turned towards me, "Jamie what now? This is our case," and he walked away.

What now? What now? What now? I kept thinking.

I got up and went over to Klien's office. I looked into his office through the glass door. He was working on his computer and instantly looked up at me, signaling me to come in.

I go in and sit myself down on one of the office chairs that faces him. I place my hands on the desk and tap my fingers on the hard wood creating a beat. One finger at a time.

"Sir, as you may have heard Ebenezer..."

"Jamie," I stopped talking. He has something to say. Like, duh.

He spoke, "I know what happened with you and Ebenezer. I also know of all the events that took place that day. The day we lost one of our best field agents and yet again he is back in our lives." He gets up from his chair and walks around his office. In response, I turn around to look at him.

He continues, "sorry, your life. We can't do continue with this case. We already have our hands full."

He really hit a nerve there. "With all due respect, Sir, he is another man. A drug dealer that was a part of our lives and now he's back. Threatening us. Isn't it our job to stop him? When I joined the FBI, I took an oath to look at others needs over mine. He is threatening us. I have to stop him. We have to stop him and others just like him."

"Jamie Colins! That's enough. I'm your boss. You listen to me. We are not going to take this case. It's very dangerous and I don't want to lose another field agent. Is that clear?" He spoke with bulging eyes that showed anger.

I am usually not that of a hot head, but when someone talks that way, they better run for their lives. "What type of field agent are you if you are not ready to get to untangle this mess? And you can yourself a boss."

I think that hit him hard, because from his expression he looks like he is about to cry. Yes, cry.

"Fine, Jamie. I guess I have been quite harsh. Here is what I'm going to do. You, Ryder, Chyanne and Luca can take this case. I'm not going to guide your team and if you can't solve it, you might as well leave the FBI." He spoke in a feeble voice.

"Very well. Deal." I said while putting my hand forward for a shake to seal the deal. That rhymed. I should totally be a poet. He takes my hand, the grip being very strong and gently shakes it.

I get out of his office and into mine. "Chyanne, bring Ryder and Luca along with you to my office."

They come in and I tell them the entire story.

Ryder and Luca are quick to agree. That leave one, Chyanne.

She seems a bit unsure. "Chy, do you want to?"

"Ms. Colins, I'm sorry. But I am not sure of how I can be of assistance. I'm the receptionist after all. I used to be a field agent. It's been 4 years. I'm sorry. There is too much on my plate right now." She speaks hesitantly.

I put a consoling hand over her shoulder. "Chyanne, think it over. Let me know in a day or two."

She gives a small nod and gets out of my office followed by Ryder and Luca.

*************
Vote. Comment. Share.