Ten.

"Mom!!!! Come here quick!!" I ran towards Colin's voice.

I entered my study to find Colin holding Cali in his arms. I went over to the two.

Cali's mouth was oozing with white foam. She had been poisoned. I run over to the landline in my office and called 911.

"Hello, 911? I need an ambulance. Track this call for the address."

I carried Cali bridal style and lied her down on the porch bench. I sat down next to her, gently stroking her forehead.

The quite neighborhood now filled with the sound of sirens. The ambulance took Cali.

"Mom?" I looked down at Colin giving him a look to continue. "Can I ride in the ambulance?" I cupped his face in my palms and said, "Sure honey." Giving him a faint smile.

He ran into the ambulance and sat down next Cali stroking her forehead. He sure does love her.

The entire neighborhood was filled with the sounds of sirens once again. I got into my car and followed the ambulance.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
At the hospital

I was sitting outside the OT and filling out forms. As I was filling them out and came to the blank space titled as "Name of Mother" a thousand memories filled my mind. Just as I was about to fill it, Colin came running towards me and said to me, "Mom, may I have 2 dollars? I want to buy a sandwich. Pwease mommie??"

I looked down at him and smiled at him. I could look into his eyes and see that he was dying on the inside, but pretended not to show it. We both had a part to play in this game.

"Sure. Here you go," I said pulling out two dollars from my bag and handing it to him. "Thanks mommie." he said taking it from my hand and running away. "Careful Colin!!"

Pretend. Caleb once told me, "CeeCee pretending is for those who can't face their selves. They can't face who they are. So it's better to be yourself and not be fake." I smiled to myself remembering those days. If the old me would have looked at the present me, I would have never believed it. The reckless Cecelia Prior, now became a more caring and lovable Jamie Colins. Ironical. I thought to myself.

The doctor came out of the OT in a blue gown, gloves and a surgical mask.  I instantly shot up. He came to me and said, "Ms. Colins, please sit down." I sat down, making myself comfortable.

He sat down next to me and said, "Your daughter,is allergic to chlorfome. It is nothing to worry about, it was just an allergic reaction. We have drained out everything from her system. Their is nothing to worry about. You can take her home in about 5 hours."

"Oh thank God. Thank you so much Dr. Mendes. Is she awake?"

"Yes, she is. You can go meet her. And please don't forget to fill out all the forms."

"I won't. Thank you again." I said with a faint smile and shook his hand.

Nice man. Well, I have happened to look up on him earlier at the Bureau. So, yeah....I know.

Colin came into my view chewing on a sandwich. He came towards me, and I knelt down to reach his height. "What did you get yourself young man?" I asked with a small smile playing on lips.

"Grilled cheese." He said while taking a protective look at his sandwich.

I laughed and said, "I don't want any Colin. Knock your self out."

I stood up to my full height and he tucked the end of my coat and I looked down at him. "mommie...what about Cali?"

"Sweetie, she's all right. Wanna meet her?" I said looking into his sad eyes.

He got all cheery and I led him into her room. I sat down on the tiny chair next to her bed. Colin literally jumped on her and screamed, "YOU'RE ALIVE!"

She gave him a disgusted look at said, "Col-Col, I can't breathe. Go away." He got down grinning at his achievement at pissing off Cali.

I rubbed her forehead and said, "Sweetie, it will be alright. We can take you home today!! So yay!" She gave me an ear to ear smile.

I'll have to call Caleb and ask him to come at around 10 if it's okay with him. I hope it is. I need to speak with him.

The nurse with pink hair came in to check up on Cali. She checked the IV and smiled at me. I smiled back. On her way out, she said with her  squeaky voice, "Please don't forget about her forms as you haven't given them yet. It's hospital procedure." I nodded at her and as she headed out I got a tiny glimpse of the dragon tattoo creeping out from her nurse uniform.

Well, she was unique. Maybe she was just an intern.

I took the clipboard with the forms clipped onto it. Well, where was I?

I look down and face the hardest question ever. I just stare at it. Cali looks at me with a questioning look, "Mommie, what's wrong?" I just look at her and say, "Nothing baby. I just have to right your Mother's name."

She looked at as if I didn't know the answer to 1+1 or something. I got a completely different reaction from Colin. He shot his head and looked in my direction. Oh, now we are communicating telepathically.

"Mommie. Write down your name!!"

I looked into her innocent eyes, Colin's terrified eyes and thought to myself, oh I wish I could. I really wish I could.

**************

Vote. Comment. Share.

Your love means a lot to me :)