Chapter 2.

When Nero woke up, he could smell something cooking, it was sweet with a hint of savory, the sweet scent was maple. The savory scent was... bacon! The young cambion smiled but then quickly frowned, he's supposed to be a baby in this punishment so he most likely has to eat baby food. The cambion kicked the crib again and huffed, he's seen people do the baby food challenge, they either get sick or gag because of how bad the baby food tastes. The teen would starve to death before the punishment is over.

Nero could hear Dante and Trish talking from the kitchen,
"Either he's having a nightmare or has woken up and wants out of his crib."
"Or maybe he woke up to the smell of bacon and is hungry."
"I'll go get him" The teen couldn't distinguish the voices but he could tell it was Trish coming for him when he heard the light footsteps. She opened the door and saw the young cambion sitting up in his crib.
"Let me out," Nero said bitterly. Trish just smiled lightly and said, "Sorry, but you're not getting out until you can be polite."
"Let me out!" Nero snapped, and suddenly Dante was at the door. Nero felt fear but didn't let it show.
"Having trouble?" Dante asked, Trish shook her head and said "Not really, he's just being fussy this morning." Dante walked over and lowered the side to the crib, reaching out to pick up his nephew, who quickly backed away in fear. Nero was doing good to hide the fear on his face but for a few seconds, he let it show, though not purposely. Dante saw the fear and felt kind of bad, knowing why he was scared.

Dante quickly reached out and grabbed Nero, pulling him close and settling him on his hip. The teen struggled and said "Let me go! Let me go!" The elder cambion bounced him gently and said: "Calm down if you want to eat breakfast." Nero growled and bit Dante's shoulder. Dante dropped his nephew and held his shoulder, the little bastard broke the skin.
"I don't think you should tease him about not getting breakfast, he didn't eat dinner last night. He must be starving." Trish said in defense of Nero. Dante watched his wound heal before saying "Yeah, you're right." He grabbed Nero's hand and made him stand, leading him to the kitchen.

Nero muttered swear words under his breath as he was led to the kitchen. When he got in the kitchen, his eyes went wide in shock and anger, there was a highchair his size. Dante tried to set him in the highchair but the young cambion started kicking, saying "I am not sitting in a damn highchair!"
"Too bad, it's part of your punishment," Dante said and was able to get him into the highchair. Nero started kicking the damned piece of furniture, hoping to break it. Trish was able to calm him when she placed a plate of bacon and pancakes in front him. Nero was starving, yeah he didn't eat dinner, but because the mission from yesterday took so long he wasn't able to eat lunch either.

Nero immediately picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite, chewing slowly to enjoy the flavor. It was maple bacon. Despite how hungry he is, he's eating in a civilized way. Nero finished the piece of bacon and started eating his pancakes, leaving the rest of the bacon for last. Nero soon finished his pancakes and started on his bacon again. After eating two strips, there were 3 left, which he decided to fold and put them all in his mouth. Nero chewed thoroughly until all the flavor was gone before swallowing.

Trish smiled and said, "I got something, Dante refuses to try it but you'll try it, right?" Nero quirked an eyebrow and said, "What is it?"
"Turkey bacon." Nero thought about it for only a second before saying "Bacon is bacon, I'll try it." Trish smiled and said "Good. It should be ready very soon. Turkey bacon doesn't need to cook for long." Trish went over to the fridge and grabbed a package of Turkey Bacon. She got a clean frying pan and set it on the stove, turning it on medium heat. Nero watched her cut the long strips in half while Dante took care of his plate and left the room, saying he'll be manning the shop and that Nero better behave.

As soon as Dante's back was turned, Nero gave him the birdie. Trish smirked and said, "That's not nice." Dante turned around and said, "What did he do?" Nero's eyes went wide and he immediately thought 'Shit!' Trish smirked more and said, "Oh, he just stuck his tongue out at you as soon as your back was turned." Dante smirked and said, "Cute, kid." When Dante went downstairs, Nero sighed in relief. He looked at Trish and said, "Why did you cover for me?"
"Dante has a horrible temper. He slapped you so hard you hit the floor. Remember?" Trish explained, causing Nero to sigh and say "Yeah, I remember."
"Though if he was to strike you again I would kick him in the most sensitive part of a man's anatomy," Trish said in a tone that was meant to cheer the teen nephalem up, which worked because Nero was able to tell that she meant it.