Chapter 9

Headmaster Chiron led Piper into his office and shut the door. He ushered Piper to a big easy chair and then took a set behind his desk.

"Would you mind telling me exactly what happened, Miss McLean?" Chiron asked.

Piper recounted the story doing her best not to leave anything out. Chiron was a good listener, only interrupting twice to ask clarifying questions. When she had finished, Chiron sighed.

"I'm afraid I don't quite know what to make of this." Chiron said. "We must inform the students. This must not happen again."

Piper nodded. A wave of exhaustion rolled over her. 

"As for your friends, Mr. Valdez and the two Mr. Scmanders, I think they are anxious to see you. I shall have them meet you downstairs." 

Again Piper nodded. "What if this does happen again?" she asked.

"Then, my dear child, we shall know for certain that Hogwarts is under attack once again." Chiron responded grimly.

Leo, Lorcan, and Lysander were all waiting for Piper when she descended the stairs. The three boys all rushed to her as soon as hey saw her.

"Pipes, you okay?" Leo asked.

"Just peachy." Piper replied. "But really tired."

"What did Chiron want?" Lorcan asked.

"He just wanted the details.  He's going to inform everyone of what happened." Piper answered. "He also said that Hogwarts might be under attack again."

"Great." Lysander sighed. "I have a feeling this is going to be a very eventful 7th year."