{Part 3}

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"I think I'm dreaming," Karlie smiled, "but is that a HK p30 handgun?" She just wanted to reach out and touch it. The man, only twenty or so , looked taken back. He stuttered and glanced at his partner whose grip had transferred from Karlie's back collar to her wrists but loosened after she had spoke. His expression did all the talking for him, because she knew in an instant that she was in fact right and, once more, that he was shocked about it.

"Yeah," he managed. "She's amazing isn't she?" he continued, to which Karlie nodded eagerly.

"I have been saving up every extra penny of mine from work to purchase that very gun," she looked up in a dramatic way, as if she were fawning over some overpriced price of pie that was sitting atop the streetlight. She loved pie. "I still have eleven hundred dollars to go." He rolled his eyes to this.

"Miss, it only costs eleven hundred doll-"

"I don't get paid very much," she cut him off, "but I've been meaning to ask for a raise."

"Danny, she watched us under Benedict, she has to die," the one behind her reminded in an unfriendly tone. Danny sighed and pulled the trigger.

Karlie's eyes flew open; she was covered in sweat. After surveying her surroundings, reality set in again. She sat up abruptly and heard the thud in the dark room of her book hitting the flirt. She knew she shouldn't have been reading up so late, but her best adventures happened when her dreams were inspired. Karlie smiled, lied back down, and fell asleep again, excited to share her dream in the morning.