Chapter Thirty-Five

"Oh, okay. So you remember the bastard and not your gorgeous blond best friend. Okay, that's cool." Ino eyed the clueless girl laying in the hospital bed bitterly.

"...I'm sorry...?" The poor girl said as she pulled her knees up to her chest. Sakura sat there, staring at nothing in particular. Curling into a ball, her shoulders were locked in place as a blank expression settled on her face. Not only were her usually vibrant emerald eyes out of focus, they were lifeless. No amount of glue nor tape could possibly piece together her shattered heart.

A broken heart was the main course, while amnesia was the appetizer.

She didn't have a single clue about anything except, Sasuke and herself. Yes, she remembered her name - Haruno Sakura. Birthday? Of course, it was March 28th. Age? She was at the sweet age of 18. Anything else, it was like a blank whiteboard. The "gorgeous, blond best friend" as the blond referred herself as... Sakura didn't even have a clue on who the girl was. She would assume that the said girl was her best friend, unless it was like those scenarios where the main character would wake up from a coma and the girl who claimed that was her best friend was actually her enemy.

Parents? Did she even have parents? Siblings? She didn't know either.

Frustration and anger began to rise within her, shoving her broken heart into a box somewhere in the back of her mind. She wasn't mad that she was clueless about everything around her, although she was practically a newborn baby in her state. No, she was mad at a certain someone. And that certain someone went by the name of Uchiha Sasuke.

How dare he leave her in this state, clueless and so lost. He should have been here. He should have been here to pick her up off her feet, stabling her, telling her that everything was going to be alright and that he was going to be there for her. He was going to be the one to help her through this dark moment, saving her from her thoughts and caring for her, promising that they'll never separate, no matter the situation. Was that too much to ask? He wasn't supposed to do this to her.

"...hey, Forehead..." Ino wrapped her arms around the shaking girl, her fingers combing through Sakura's pink locks. "It's going to be alright."

"...No it's not..." Sakura muttered into her knees, her words barely audible. "How is it going to be alright when I don't even know who the hell you are?" She didn't bother to make her tone sound mad, she just left her words hanging in the air.

Ino didn't say anything. Hugging Sakura tightly, she leaned back. Smiling, she winked at her. "Why hello there gorgeous, I'm Yamanaka Ino! And who are you?"

Sakura stared at Ino's extended hand. Glancing up at the blond's dazzling smile for a moment, Ino urged her to shake her hand.

Slowly, but never less, Sakura withdrew her hand that was snuggled against her chest and grasped Ino's hand. Shaking it, she said, "This girl's name is Sakura Haruno."

If it was possible, Ino's smile widen. Laughing lightly, she said, "An odd way to introduce yourself but oh well, who cares!"

Four Years Later

"Hello, my name's Haruno Sakura and I'm here for the medical program internship."

"Haruno?" The receptionist asked, a smile adorning her features. "Oh, of course! Miss. Haruno, welcome, we've been expecting you."

Nodding politely at the receptionist, Sakura followed her lead. The smiling receptionist lead her to the elevators, where she proceeded to usher Sakura in, then she pushed the button. They began to exchange small talk as they rode up to the top floor.

These old men were making his head spin with all of their complaining. And then when he actually said that to their faces, they casually replied, "Uchiha-sama, I assure you that this is no complaining. We're just looking after for the well being of our business partners and customers." Now that was a load of bullshit. Wasn't it them who said to shut down the medical unit that the Uchiha Corp had? If Sasuke hadn't fought back on the case, his company would have been in debt all the way over their heads. After some time, he began to tune out their gibberish.