Cake frosting and feelings

Kara's POV

As I watch miss Grant leave I go back to the line." Number 15!"  I go to the counter and order a big cake with peach coloured frosting on top. When I'm outside the shop I walk home. After a five minute walk I stand in front of my apartment building. I struggle a bit to find my key in my pocket and unlock the door. Alex was already there. "Where were you Kara? I was worried." Alex says with worry in here voice. "I was getting us a big cake, because we have something to celebrate!" I say excited. "We do?" Alex says confused." Yes I've got a job! At CatCo!" I scream from happiness. " Kara that's amazing! I'm so happy for you! But you have to be careful if you are going to work for Cat Grant." She says with a smile but there is a little frown of concern on here forehead. "Why?" I ask. "She is the queen of all media." She says but she's still smiling. "Oh well I will do my best." " so what about that cake you bought for us?" She says with a wink and hungry eyes. As I laugh and I grab the box we settle ourselves on the couch and put our favourite Show on. We laugh and laugh. At one am Alex leaves and I get myself ready for bed. Then I go to sleep, I'm so excited for tomorrow.