Chapter 5

Veronica struggled against the rope tying her hands together, but it was useless, each effort pulled the rope painfully tighter on her wrists. 

'Why did i ever do that stupid dare?!' She thought to herself.

She'd just exited French, which had been terribly boring, when Dean and Taliah had walked up to her, or more Taliah had flounced her way up to her, flipping her red hair behind her, obviously trying to impress Dean, which, to Veronica's delight, hadn't worked. 

She and Taliah didn't exactly get along well, the two of them just pretended to be friends; to please the rest of the group.

"Hey there girl, what’s up?!" Taliah had said to her, accompanied by a big fake smile.

Veronica had matched her big fake smile with her own and said "let’s go!"

She usually walked back with only Dean and Monica but Monica had to leave halfway through the day and Taliah had been going over to Dean's, which had filled Veronica with jealousy, only if it was 'to study' as they'd said.

Taliah had never studied in her life.

On the way back she'd chatted with Dean and mostly ignored Taliah, everything had been going well until they'd reached the woods.

" Have you heard of The Thing? It's meant to live in those woods, creepy isn't it?" Dean had said.

And Veronica had replied trying to impress him.

"Yeah but i reckon it’s all made up, this Thing doesn't sound scary at all" 

Dean eyebrows had shot up, impressed, Veronica had smiled inwardly, she'd succeeded!

“Really? Well then prove it; your house is on the other side of the woods, isn't it? Why don't you take a shortcut through them?" Taliah's venomous voice had come from behind her

Veronica had turned around, and faced her, Taliah had smiled at her kindly but her green eyes regarded her with malice.

'Great' she'd thought she knew she couldn't refuse, she would have looked like a fool in front of Dean, which had left her with only one choice.

"Sure, no problem" she'd said right back, staring her down.

"Are you sure?" Dean's voice asked had asked her, full of concern.

Veronica had smiled at him; "yep, no problem, piece of cake, I’ll see you tomorrow" she'd smiled at him again before turning around and walking towards the woods.

Veronica's train of thought was interrupted by a low growl coming from the other end of the room, outright terror gripped her and she screamed, the sound coming out muffled from the gag across her mouth.

She tried to stand up but the slimy wall and the fact that her feet were bound together made it impossible for her to move. 

Another growl sounded out, closer this time, and she shut her eyes, hoping that this horrible place would just go away.

As she'd walked away and towards the woods, she'd hoped that Taliah had gone and had dragged Dean off with her, but no luck, she'd still been there, smiling.

" You don't have to do this, you can come back" Dean had worriedly shouted at her.

I wish...

"I'll be fine" she'd flashed him a smile, turned around, and walked off, there had been no way she going to back out of this.

'The Thing is just made up right?'