A Moment Of Silence

"I'm not sure many of you know, but last night. Alice Walker died. Alice was a dedicated student, here at Southmoor. And she...she will be missed. By every single one of us. Now, it doesn't matter whether you were Alice's best friend, boyfriend. Or if you only just met in passing. Some of you, a very select few, may not have even spoken to this talented young girl. Whose life ended so early. But that shouldn't matter, Alice Walker was amazing. And she will be missed. I'd like everyone to take a minutes silence and remember Alice Walker. Thank you"

I watched the principal step down from his podium. He smiled grimly at Miss Prestwich the took his place beside her. The minute of silence echoed around the hall, no one coughed, sniffed or moved a muscle. They were all too busy remembering her.

Alice Walker.

I didn't know her, we'd never spoken.

But I knew of her.

And so did everyone else.

She wasn't exactly the kind of person you could miss. With her bubbly, happy aura. And the way she seemed to bounce down the hallways.

She wasn't that type of girl.

Not Alice Walker.

It was a shock to say the least, Alice Walker wasn't the kind of girl who died. She was the girl who was so full of life and happiness, you couldn't ever imagine her still, unmoving.

She carried this atmosphere around with her, wherever she went. She almost enchanted people, she was the kind of girl that made people happy.

Alice wasn't a bad person, not like most popular people, if I can say, she cared about everyone. But did anyone care about her?

She stood up for the people you'd never even expect someone like her to be within a five mile radius of, there was something about Alice Walker.

Something different.

The moment of silence came to and end. And chairs scraped, heels clacked against the floor. It was as if nothing had happened.

Nothing at all.

Maybe that's what her death meant to people. Nothing at all.

I wouldn't know. Because I'm that minute of silence I realised.

I didn't know Alice Walker.

And I didn't miss her,

But I wasn't like them.

Girls like Alice Walker didn't die.

They lived forever...

---

Hi and thanks for reading, sorry it was short. They will get longer once you get into the story.
Ill try to update as soon as I can
x