Magic Carpet

"Alex, I got a big job for you. Stay here and protect the car." Evy spoke up as we were getting ready to leave.

"I could do that." Jon spoke up. He didn't always annoy me, but my wife was gone for the second time due to Imhotep so Jon specifically was drawing on my last nerve.

"Jonathan!!" Evy exclaimed as she hit his arm.

"Protect the car?" Alex said put off that his mom would take him out of the adventure. I didn't blame the little dude, it really was a lot of fun when we weren't running for our lives. "Come on. Just because I'm a kid doesn't mean I'm stupid." Alex replied to his mother.

"I know." Evy smiled at her son, ruffling his hair.

"If you see anyone come running out screaming, it's just me." Jon announced sarcastically to all of us in the car.

"Maybe you should stay here and watch Alex." Ardeth jumped in. Evy looked at him silently asking if she should stay as well, he nodded. Might be good to have a parent stay behind.

"Now you're talking." Jon said, happier with this plan. I got out of the car slammed the door shut and walked over to the trunk opening it. Ardeth followed me.

"You want the shotgun?" I asked him sensing him next to me.

"No, I prefer the Thompson." He replied. "If I were to say to you, I am a stranger traveling from the east seeking that which is lost—" Ardeth started. Weirdly enough I knew exactly what he was talking about, it was an old thing we learned in orphanage.

"Then I would reply that I am a stranger traveling from the west. It is I whom you seek" I stopped loading the shotgun and looked at him skeptically, wondering where he was going with this line of questioning. 

"So then it is true? You have the sacred mark." I looked at him oddly. He grabbed my wrist, looking at my tattoo.

"Oh that? I got that slapped on me when I was in orphanage in Cairo." I explained to him, he was making something out of nothing. 

"That mark means you are a protector of man, a warrior for god. A Medjai." He started to explain things rapidly as he had a tendency to do so when he was excited. He had done the same when Evy and him came back to celebrate the wedding and birth of Alex with the family. I took my wrist back and continued loading up with weapons.

"Sorry. Wrong guy." I brushed him off, there was no way I of all people was a warrior for God.

Lightening struck around us as we made our way into the museum. Ardeth and I made our way through the Egyptian section, I heard it before I saw what was happening. Chanting... Oh God damn it, this couldn't be good. All of a sudden the mummies in the crypts and behind the glass were coming to life. I'd had quite enough mummies for a god damn while. I looked at Ardeth slightly expecting us to do something about them but we let them be and continued with our original mission: Josephine. We got to the top level when I saw this huge ring of men with torches holding some sort of ceremony. The thing I saw that frightened me the most was my wife on a wooden board, her limbs bound with rope looking around as if she didn't know what to do. She looked so helpless, which was very unlike Josephine.

Joe's POV

I woke up rather abruptly. My head throbbing as I sat up quickly. What the hell?? I looked around at my surroundings seeing the curator of the British Museum reading from the Book of the Dead. Oh fuck. I immediately knew exactly what was happening. They were trying to raise Imhotep from the grave we had put him in. Slowly, Imhoteps bones started to move. He broke out of the wax from which he was encased and looked around at these imbeciles.