Memories

The next morning came around all too quickly. Evy had rejoined Ardeth who was talking to Rick about something, and I decided to spend some quality time with my brother, and by quality I mean me play fighting with him. Teaching him some more hand to hand combat.

"C'mon Jon, I know you can do better than that." I said as he let out a wimpy punch at me. He threw another one at me attempting to get better. It was a tad better than the last but still could use some work.

"Joe puh-lease when am I ever going to need this?" He asked me whining, now I knew where Alex got it from.

"You never know Jon, trouble seems to have a way of finding us." I said back to him as I dodged his punches and threw one of my own only to have him dodge it.

"You mean trouble has a way of finding you." He replied back as he made a punch at me and got me. He smiled proud of himself, I knew I could take him down a peg easily by wrestling him to the ground but I just let him have this one. I laughed as I threw my punches at him trying to go easy on him. He blocked my every advance.

"Good job Jon. Wanna do some defense?" I asked him, my defense consisted of him trying to get out of a hold I would put him in. He sighed exasperated we had been practicing all day. I didn't blame him.

"Joe, I think I gotta call it for the night." He said to me exhaustion clear in his voice and sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Alright, alright." I said as I plopped down next to him on our makeshift chairs.

"Say what was with you earlier back there?" He asked me giving me a side glance making sure I was alright. I rested my elbows on my knees and sighed hanging my head. Finally, I looked back at him.

"I just feel like this is all my fault, if Rick and I would've never went after the bracelet..." I trailed off. He nodded sullenly, scooting closer to me, put an arm around me in a brotherly manner, and rubbed my cheek with his knuckle.

"It's alright old mum. It happens, we can't blame you for adventuring, it's in all of our blood. Plus, I know Alex loves adventure just as much as the rest of us." He told me. I smiled at him, he unraveled his arm from around me and scooted back over.

"Besides maybe we'll find more treasure, I hear that pyramid has a giant diamond on top. I plan on retrieving it and stealing back all that money I lost." He smiled proudly. I laughed. Either that or he'll die trying. God help that man and his need for money.

"Listen, what can we expect from our old friend Imhotep?" I heard Ricks voice out of nowhere.

"His powers are returning quickly. When he reaches Ahm Shere, even the Scorpion King won't be able to stop him." Rick put his head in his hands and sighed. Here we go, all over again except two immortal creatures will be after us. Suddenly, I had a weird feeling overcome me, I got up from where I was sitting near Jon and to the side of the ship where Evy was, almost like a hypnotic state overtook me.

"It's time to remind you of who you are." I heard a voice say in ancient Egyptian. Unexpectedly, the clouds around the ship turned into one of my visions. I saw two women dressed in beautiful gold clothing holding sais, ready for a fight. They turned away from each other.

"Pah Eu" I heard and someone clapped from beside me. The two women immediately turned around and started clashing their sais against each other. Confused of who they were I looked around at the men surrounding me, I was pretty sure it was Seti. The one beside me in the chair looked happily at the two. He had something to do with this "competition" I wasn't quite sure yet what it was. Imhotep was another face I recognized near me. I glared at him. One of the women fell to the floor disrupting my thoughts. She took off her mask. I gasped but it seemed like no one noticed. It was Evelyn, or someone who greatly resembled her. My instinct to keep her safe kicked in but I couldn't move from my spot. It was like I was glued to the floor. As confused as I was, the fight played on.