trusting you

Kim POV

When Marshall knocked on my door, it scared the hell out of me. His face was red and he was crying. It scared me to see him like that, because when we were together I was usually the one who made him look like that. And after he explained everything, I wanted to yell at him for his stupidity.

"Kim I don't know what to do."

"Do you love her?"

"Of course I do."

"Do you want to be with her for the rest of your life."

"Of course."

"Then why did you say those things to her Marshall? You broke her heart, just because you THOUGHT she had talked about you to the girls. Even though she told you she didn't, and you know full and well that you're the reason the girls are pissed at you."

"I know, I don't know why I yelled at her or said those things."

"Well you better figure it the fuck out cause she isn't going to accept a simple I'm sorry."

"I just. I haven't ever felt this way. Yeah I was in love with you, but with London, its just, I can't even explain it. Like, when I'm away from her, my heart hurts. It actually hurts. And when I'm around her I do everything I can to make her smile."

"Then why did you say those things?"

"I was scared. You know? Like, with you, I was always mad cause you didn't love me as much as I loved you. And I guess Im just afraid of that happening with London."

"She loves you Marshall. She really does. She isn't me, and you need to realize that. Or you're going to lose her."

"Oh my God, Kim what if she left me?"

He reaches up to rub his eyes that are streaming again.

"Go Marshall. Go tell her all the things you told me. And show her that you didn't mean those things."

"Thank you Kim."

I watch him walk out my door. I really hope London gives him another chance. I hope Marshall doesn't screw this up. I just want to see him happy.

Marshall POV

I think I'm gonna be sick. The vase by the front door is in pieces. Fuck, I hope I didn't hurt London.

I walk upstairs and into our bedroom hoping to talk to her. But she isn't in here. The bed hasn't been touched, and I see the closet door open. All her clothes are gone, and her things are gone from the bathroom. I turn to run out of the room when something glints in the corner of my eye. Her ring. My knees give out and I can't do anything but sit there. She left me. I made her leave. I didn't mean the things I said. But even if she was here to hear me out, and forgave me, she would never forget the things I said.

"You're a real idiot you know."

My head jerks up to see laney standing in the doorway.

"I mean, you finally have the girl of your dreams and then you practically leave her alone all the time. And the one time you do come home, you rip her heart to shreds."

"Laney I didn't mean anything I said."

"You sure bout that? Cause from where we were it sounded pretty fucking convincing."

Laney never cussed, at least around me.

"Do you know what you did to her? After you closed the door she collapsed, she cried so hard and threw up so many times I called the doctor. He said he'd never heard of anyone reacting so violently to heartbreak. Ronnie was ready to kill you."