Unexpected Guests

Possible trigger warning: guns, abusive father and abusive exes make a reappearance, stabbing, overall traumatizing experience for the characters

Previously

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish." The priest paused for a moment. "If you have any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Just then, the doors swung open.

"I object!"

~

Everyone's heads snapped towards the door, except for mine. I was too shocked to even move. It felt as if my body would explode, or I would launch into the air.

To some people that would be a good thing, but for me I wasn't feeling this way for a good reason.

Just to clarify I was hearing the correct voice, I slowly turned my head towards the doors, and my heart stopped when I saw the person who was standing there.

"No way," I covered my mouth, too surprised to be able to do anything else.

It was my dad.

And there were 2 people standing behind him, and I wasn't surprised to see them. They always ruin everything.

You guessed it, Cassandra and Johnny.

"Frank?!" Mum screamed and jumped up. My eyes widened when I saw Johnny reach inside his jacket, and my dad - how dare I even call him that - hold up a hand as a way to stop him.

Was Johnny...going to shoot her?

So many questions, but they clearly will not be answered.

"Bethie," dad started, using that nickname I did not want to be reminded of. "why are you marrying this guy? You deserve much better."

I clenched my fists and kept myself from screaming at him. If I say something, Johnny or Cassandra could hurt me, or even kill me.

I can't do that when I'm about to marry the love of my life.

"Frank, don't talk about Joe like that. He is an amazing young man, and he is perfect for our daughter. She's not so little anymore, you can stop looking out for her so muc-"

Cassandra threw a knife right past mum's head. It took a few strands of hair with it, and that was it. I gasped, causing Johnny to smirk at me. Stampy gripped my hand, and there was nothing we could do. We couldn't call the cops, fight them, nothing. I could practically see the clocks turning in Stampy's head, and I'm sure he could see the same thing for me.

"It's my job to look after her Tracy! Dammit, she's always going to be my little girl so I will always look after her!" Dad yelled.

"So running away was looking after me?" I questioned, my heart racing. Why did I say that? "Dad, I'm getting married, I'm not a little kid anymore."

Everyone's faces went blank.

"How am I your little girl if you weren't even there for most of my life? Dad, you've never been there for me. Shortly after you ran away I thought mum had died. I had no one. The only thing I want from you is to know why you left. You don't even deserve to be called my father."