I Hurt

(Keaton)

My eyes shoot up and I see Ashlee standing there, looking madder than she has ever been.

 She starts to walk towards me and true to her word, Gianna steps in front of her, blocking Ashlee from getting to me. 

Ashlee diverts her attention to my phone that is sitting on the ground near the mirror. She picks it up and throws it across the room and there was a noticeable sound of the screen of the phone cracking, maybe even the whole thing. 

"You don't get to do that now. Leave her alone" 

"Fine. You can have her good for nothing ass" The tears start to roll down my face as I run into the den.

Kenzie was standing there and turned with her arms open to me. She embraces me as she was the older one out of the two of us and I would never have to say anything to her for her to comfort me. 

I told her what had happened and got myself together in order for us to run our duet. The moms were talking, like usual, and it was bothering me more than it normally does since my senses are heightened, so I end up trying to put all of my focus into the dance and Gianna. 

Gia ended up taking me home with her and even getting into contact with the social worker that put me with Ashlee, in order to become a foster parent, for now at least. 

She also checked all of the wounds on me before cleaning them again and even rewrapping them. I pulled out the smashed phone that I haven't been able to look at all day and I let out a strong sigh. 

Gia promised me that she would get me a new phone, but that isn't what I really care about at the moment. The last day of practice for this week is tomorrow and I can't wait but I'm also really nervous as the day of competition is the day after. 

We even talked about me switching to homeschool completely so I could get more time in for dance, and I automatically agreed. 

We ended up talking about multiple things as well as laying down ground rules in the house and what will end up happening throughout the process we are going through.