Chapter Twelve

We were sat in Louis and Zayn's place. I was sat next to Lou, Zayn was on the armchair as far away from Ashton as he could get and Ashton was sitting on the sofa away from Zayn. It was amusing, but now it's just infuriating.

"So who's Tyler Joseph?" Lou asked. We were all curious, and Ashton just made it clear he hated talking about him.

"A friend. He wasn't a hunter, far from it." Ashton explained. "Good guy. He was really close to Brendon Urie, and that's why people think he was taken."

"You know different, don't you?" Zayn asked.

"I can't say I know," Ashton replied.

"If you think anything different than that that could change something, then tell us." I pushed, and Ashton got pissed off with that.

"What can I say, Harry?" Ashton frowned, then sighed. "Look, there's a chance that these five are alive, I highly doubt it, but there's a chance, and if they are, they could be vampires. That's a possibility, and if Brendon's there, stay away from him."

Ashton had a serious look in his eyes, and his voice was stern. He was adamant that we weren't going to find out the truth, and there was only so much we could do to get him to tell us.

"You aren't being much help." Zayn rolled his eyes and sat back. Ashton looked pretty pissed; well, more than he did already.

I do agree with Zayn though. Ashton really isn't helping us. He knows something that could possibly help but he's hell-bent on not telling us.

We got told to stake him if he put us in danger with this, and at the moment, I can see that happening. After all, he is a vampire. He'll probably protect his kind. I really hope he doesn't, I don't fancy telling Luke that I killed his boyfriend but... if I have to then I will.

"There are rumours that the vampire is coming to London next week. Vampires are fleeing, I'm one of the only ones left, and the only one considering staying." Ashton explained. "I don't want you guys doing this, and you should just wait this out. Wait for him to leave and then maybe completely stop messing with vampires."

"Are you seriously trying to convince us to let his thing live? He might've killed our friends, Ashton!" Louis yelled, standing up. "If you try and fucking stop us, I will personally shove a stake straight through your heart."

"I'm not going to physically stop you, I'm going to advise you not to." Ashton glared. "This is a death wish. Every hunter that's gone after him has died." His phone rang, and he answered it. Louis looked as if he was about to stake him, and judging by the fact that he hid stakes around the room before Ashton arrived if say he actually was debating it.

Ashton was giving short replies, not really giving us any clues about what the conversation was about. Something about leaving, and he said earlier that he was considering leaving while this vampire's here. He's going to be a ton of help... at the moment I seriously hate him. He hung up and put his phone gently on the table.

"Look, don't go hunting at all, for now, it's way too dangerous. And Harry, stay low. You can't risk being recognised." Ashton warned.

"What the hell's happening?" Zayn asked. He was trying to stay calm, but I could see he was slowly moving towards the stake hidden under the pillow.

"Some of his followers have started moving here," Ashton replied. "You can't go hunting. If they see you they'll kill you."

"You said something about leaving," I stated and Ashton just looked at me.

"If they find any vampire they'll either kill them or..." Ashton sighed. "I'm not risking it."

"Kill you or what?" I questioned and Ashton shook his head.