i.

A lot of people ask me about my relationship due to the fact that I'm with a man much older than what most would consider exceptional. However, I don't allow it to hinder me from happiness, which I've founded in him. See, a few years ago I met him and well, let's just say he wasn't quite what I expected.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Are you ready?", Dalvin inquired asked as he grabbed my luggages from back of his car, which was a black 2017 Audi A4. I gave him a small grin, nodding my head and he sighed, setting the luggages down before closing the trunk and walking over toward me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Look. It's not that serious, Jackie. It's just my brother and I know you a fan or whatever but don't be in here stutterin' and embarrassin' and me. I talked you up and now you gotta' prove that I ain't just boastin' because you my friend, aight?", he said, tilting his head down to make eye contact, giving me a stern look and I huffed, nodding my head shortly after. He smiled, fixing his posture and dropping his hands down to his sides, "Cool. Why don't you go ring the doorbell and I'll carry these heavy ass bags?" He grunted as he retrieved the luggages from the ground he had placed them on and followed behind me while I walked up the long driveway that displayed a line of sports cars and motorcycles, admiring them until I reached the spacious porch that had a bench positioned near the door. "What you got in here anyway? All the sins you committed? If so, you need to just go ahead and repent, girl. Ain't no use in carryin' all this baggage around." I ignored him, ringing the doorbell as he suggested, awaiting silently for an answer. Nothing. I waited for another eight to ten seconds before ringing the door bell again, my heart pounding due to the amount of adrenaline I felt rushing through me at once. Why was I so nervous? I took deep breaths in attempt to calm myself—not that it worked, but at least it was something.

I could see a 6'2" mosaic blurred figure shifting through the delicately carved glass that acted as a window for the door, though it was honestly just for decoration. You couldn't see anything through it.

"Be cool", I could hear Dalvin say as he stood behind me and even though he was trying to help, it only made it worse.

We could hear the locks click before the doorknob turned and the door slowly crept opened, hazel eyes peering from the other side, landing on me then Dalvin. "Oh shit!", his deep voice exclaimed, finally opening it wide enough so we would see him, standing in the doorway with a white muscle shirt, dark denim jeans that were being held up by a belt with a large round buckle and those long white socks that my dad loves to wear with his Nike slides. His hair was pulled into a short ponytail, his tattoo visible on the right side of his face as he smiled, stepping out of the way so that we could walk in. I grinned shyly, giving him a nod before heading inside and Dalvin followed, setting the luggages down by the front door before embracing his brother, patting on his back and smiling as they chuckled. I stood there awkwardly, watching as they briefly talked amongst each other once they pulled away, Dalvin soon glancing over at me and lightly hitting the back of his hand against his brother's chest who followed his gaze, turning around to look at me and I tensed up. "This is my friend, Jaclyn. Jaclyn, this is my brother, DeVante."

DeVante stepped forward, extending his hand to me and I closed mine around his, shaking it as he spoke, "Nice to meet you. He told me a lot about you."

"Likewise", I said softly. We eventually stopped shaking each other's hand, however, we still held on. His hands were soft for a man. "Has he?" I glanced over Dalvin who was currently holding up his thumbs, smiling like the goofball he is. I giggled, shaking my head before focusing back on DeVante who had yet removed his grip from my hand.