23. Christmas Time

Olivia's P.O.V

December 5th, 2015

   "So when are you leaving?" I asked Gerald as I was getting ready to work. He's trying hard to bring me more assurance and security. He wants me to trust him again. Last night he slept on the couch, knowing it's hard for me to bring him back to my bed so quickly.

   "You want me to leave this fast?" He sarcastically asked and I rolled my eyes, smiling. He's back to his teasing ways. "I'm leaving tonight at 8pm."

   "I finish working on 5pm, maybe we can go to dinner together before you leave?" I want to show him that I'm trying too.

   "I will be waiting for you." He smirked and winked. I sat down next the kitchen island, meaning next to Gerald, and drank some tea with cookies with him.

   "Where are you going, anyway?" I asked him.

   "Album signing in San Francisco. After that another 2 signings and then I'm home for Christmas."

   "By home, you mean the Bay." He nodded. It's going to be hard for us. I have 2 homes.

   "Of course. You're coming home for Christmas, right?" I looked down for a few seconds and then looked back up. I sipped my tea. "Can I get an answer, Liv?"

   "I have so much work to do... I'm not sure I should get back home for Christmas..."

   "You need to take some break. Holidays are meant for you to rest." I know... But I'm full of work.

   "You're right." I sighed. "I have to go to work... We'll discuss this at dinner, okay?" He cupped my face with his hands and planted a small kiss on my lips. I enjoyed that. Felt very comforting.

   "Okay."

   "Bye, Gerald." He waved at me and I exited my apartment, walking to work. It was a regular day at work, the day went by faster than usual. Alexa and my brothers called a few times. Alexa called to tell me that she wants to talk to me about everything she did behind my back with planning the surprise she pulled up with Gerald. She can't deal with hard feelings between us. And it's her birthday... I can't terrorize her like that... I wanted her to feel better and I promise her that we'll do something tonight after Gerald leaves.

   "Hey, beautiful. Need a ride?" I lifted my head up to see Gerald waiting in front of my work place in my car. I just finished work and I planned on walking home before dinner, but he enjoys using the element of surprise.

   "You stole my car?" I asked him.

   "I didn't steal it. I borrowed it. Now hop in." I slightly shook my head as I got inside the car.

   "You know, you could've asked or my permission." I suggested. He probably got so bored at my apartment... Huh.

   "I could've, but I didn't." I sighed as he smiled and drove to a restaurant. The ride was quiet. I didn't have anything to say. I didn't know what to say. I was still thinking about last night. Thinking about how I wouldn't have agreed to be with him a week ago, but when I saw him... I wanted him back. Gerald noticed that I was overthinking and I could see he wanted to say something, but he didn't. He chose to stay quiet and continue to drive. He didn't enjoy this situation as much as I didn't. We arrived at the restaurant and he parked the car, we were still silent. We walked inside the restaurant and sat down at the table he ordered. "So, how was your day?"

   "It was okay."

   "You look exhausted." A small smile appeared on my lips.

   "It's tiring."