43. 27 Years On Earth

Olivia's P.O.V

May 14th, 2016

   "What the fuck happened?? I saw your team's Snapchat. What the hell happened to your tooth??" I freaked out, and Gerald smiled. We were FaceTiming. Seeing that photo scared the hell out of me. "Oh, my God, look at your tooth. You're going to the dentist when you come back home."

   'Jesus, relax. You're taking it really hard.' He chuckled. 'Everything is fine.'

   "Oh, yeah. Everything is fine. Besides your goddamn tooth!" He laughed even harder. "What's so funny?"

   'You're such a mom. I'm going to live, don't worry.'

   "I will kill you when you come home."

   'I love you, baby.' I smiled, rolling my eyes. 'Don't you roll your eyes at me.'

   "Don't be stupid and I won't roll my eyes." He smiled again.

   'And...'

   "And..."

   'Come on, say it back. Say it with love.' I giggled, even though he's the most annoying boyfriend of all times.

   "I love you too." He looked pleased.

   'I miss you tons, can't wait to see you before you go back to work.'

   "I miss you too. Don't worry; we'll have enough time together before I go back working." I smiled at him.

Gerald's P.O.V

May 24th, 2016

   "Happy birthday G!" The guys congratulated me. I smiled, but I wasn't very happy inside. I mean, I'm grateful to have my friends do so many things for my birthday, but I miss Liv and I expected her to be here already.

   "Thank you." I told them. The guys ordered us a room in a restaurant before the show.

   "Yo, my ninja, what is going on?" Marty asked me, and I shrugged.

   "I don't know; It's cheesy, but I'm waiting for Liv." I wanted her to be here so badly. I wanted to spend just a little bit more with her before she comes back to work, but it doesn't seem like she's about to arrive.

   "Don't be down, I'm sure that something's delaying her..." I was about to respond to him, but Tony stopped me.

   "I gotta say, Gerry, when I see you sad on your birthday, it makes me sad. So we decided to bring you something to make you really happy. Bring it in, Blizzy!" Tony called. The only thing that'll make me happy right now is seeing Liv, and she's probably stuck somewhere... Blizzy walked inside, pushing a giant cake inside the room. Really? The stripper cliché? What, she's going to pop out from that cake?

   "It's the best present we could get you, G." Blizzy commented as he smiled. Everyone seemed like they knew what's going to happen beside me. By the looks they shared with each other, it didn't seem like a stripper's going to get out of the cake. What the fuck are they planning? I got scared for a moment, since I didn't feel like it's one of those moments when I can trust them. The top of the cake opened and a girl came out.

   "Happy birthday, Ger!" My heart skipped a beat. Oh, my fucking God. Liv? She smiled at me, and I smiled back, running to get her out of that stupid thing. I picked her up to help her out. "I can't believe you really thought that I would never arrive to your birthday."

   "That was a stupid thought." I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. I missed her so much. This made me feel so happy inside. Lately, the only thing want is to be around her. "You're the best."

   "I know." I bet she's smiling now. We pulled away after a few more seconds. "So what do we have to eat?" Marty scratched the back of his head.

   "We already ate." He shyly answered. He's afraid of her reaction. Hilarious. I tried not to laugh.

   "What do you mean, you already ate??" She got angry. This is priceless. One of the best things I could wish for to be at my birthday. "I want food! I didn't eat anything in that long flight."

   "Hey, you're flying first class, why are you complaining?" Tony replied. Oh, boy... You're dead. She gave him that death glare she gives to people she's mad at. Of course I'm familiar with that glare, that's because she gives it to me a lot. I smiled.

   "Oh, Tony... You're so dead, man." Blizzy told him as he laughed.

   "Don't worry, Liv. I'll get you something to eat for now. After the show, I'll take you somewhere fancy." I tried calming her down. I asked from the waiter for a menu and I gave her the menu. She ordered what she wanted for a takeaway and we drove to the show. I got ready for the show with my usual Redbull and Jack tradition before every show. Liv hates it. She kept looking at me with a disappointed face. "Stop giving me these looks, Liv."

   "Do you have to do that?" I nodded. It helps me feel easier on stage. "You don't have to do this." I smiled at her.

   "Can you calm down? Everything is fine." She shook her head again.

   "It's not healthy." I kissed her head, still smiling, and went on-stage. I was joyful tonight and I performed as best as I could. In the middle of the show, between 2 songs, the crowed started singing happy birthday to me. I was overwhelmed. This is amazing. I never thought they'd do that. This is touching. I got really excited and I was pumped to perform more. "You did great, I loved it." Liv commented as I finished the show and went backstage. I hugged her tightly. I know she hated it since I was sweaty, but she'll get over it. "I would like a hug with less sweat next time." I pulled away and was about to give her a kiss but she stopped me. "Again, less sweat."

   "Shut the fuck up and kiss me, it's my fucking birthday." I cupped her face in my hands and connected our lips to a kiss. Of course she kissed me back, who can resist me?

   "Let's go to the hotel." She smiled.

   "What if I want to party?"

   "I'll throw you a private party in your hotel room." I smiled back at her.

   "That's what I like to hear." I started going to my dressing room before I felt something hit my ass. "What the fu-"

   "Now you know how it feels like." Liv laughed. Oh, she's bad. I got ready as fast as I could and went on the bus with everyone. One thing went through my mind. The questions Liv wants me to ask the most. I'm still debating this with myself... Do I want to do it or not? This decision is going to stay forever. I can't turn back once I make it.

May 5th, 2016

   Liv went to the bathroom and Alexa and I stayed to pay the check.

   "Look, don't get our conversation wrong," Alexa began. "But, it's-"

   "Liv's dream to get married when she's 25. I know." She looked confused. Liv and I never talked about this, so she didn't understand where did that came from."Not only that I heard you two now, I also eavesdropped to one of your conversations over the phone back in February when our relationship was a little on the rocks."

   "That's rude, Gerald." She looked disappointed. I think it's better that I know. I'm unsure if Liv would've ever told me about this.

   "When I say that I will propose, I mean it. You need to understand that the whole relationship thing was weird to me in the beginning and as much as I love Liv, it is still weird to me. Ever since the pregnancy thing, I admit that I was thinking of family with her. I thought about marriage. Hell, I've been thinking about it for weeks now."

   "What are you trying to say?"

   "I'm going to look for the perfect ring for her soon."

May 24th, 2016

   I found it.

⌘