57. Found

Gerald's P.O.V

September 12th, 2017

   "I've seen so many photos of her with some random dude." I told Marty on my usual whining. It bothered me so much to see these photos. Is she moving on? I don't want her to move on. I want her to be with me. Fuck, this sounds ridiculous. I barely do shit to get her to be with me. "I want her back so badly but I don't know how to fix it." She's supposed to be with me, not with anyone else. Oh, I'm being possessive.

   "Nah, G. This is unfair. You can't get jealous of her when you're dating someone." Marty reminded. We all know how bad this had been going. We don't love each other. It's all a publicity stunt. I mean, at first I wanted her. Maybe these were just some lusty feelings and I was wrong. But now we hate each other's guts. And all the shows we do together, all the parties we attend to... It's nothing to me. I keep thinking about Olivia. But I fucking blew it.

   "We both know this is bullshit. I don't even want this relationship." And I've barely seen baby Mila. I visited them only twice. I'm such a bad dad. I'm sure Liv's going through so much with her, and I'm here, 17 minutes away from them. What a fucking prick that won't take his fucking ass to see his daughter. "I don't think Mila understands that I'm her father."

   "If you want to get her back you need to break up with your current girlfriend first, as shitty as your relationship with her is." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. He's right. I wish he wasn't. I shouldn't have gotten into this relationship in the first place.

   All I can think about lately is lying next to Liv on our bed with Mila between us, as the three of us sleep. Sounds like a dream I'll never make come true.

Olivia's P.O.V

   The date with Nico wasn't that amazing. He's a nice guy, but it made me understand how much I miss Gerald. Damn, I can't live like that. I want him back. That idiot asshole. I actually want him back. And I've been thinking about this for days. But I'm going to do such a reckless move... I must do it. It was late at night and I decided to take baby Mila with me to Gerald's house. I feel like it's a dumb thing, but fuck it. I want to know if we have a chance, even if he has a girlfriend now. I felt torn. I didn't want to break him and his girlfriend up, but my feelings were undeniable. I wanted him for a while now and I couldn't get over it. I can't wait anymore. I need to see him. I need him back in my life. I placed baby Mila in her baby seat and buckled her belt, then went to the driver's seat and drove to the Hills. My pulse rose as we got closer to his house. Thoughts of leaving and not even coming close to his driveway so he wouldn't know I came. I felt like an idiot for doing this. Why am I even doing this? Is it worth it? I felt more and more nervous. When I reached there, I parked my car. I was almost unable to get out. I knew I had to confess what I feel. I had to because it was eating me inside and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I needed to get everything out of my system. I went to Mila and picked her up, then locked the car and went to his door. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. Okay, I was right, it was too reckless, this is so wrong. I shouldn't have done this, I still have time to run back to the car-

   "Liv?" Gerald opened the door as I was already facing the road, ready to leave. "What are you doing here?" Oh, fuck! What am I going to do?? I didn't think this through... Oh, I feel like an idiot.

   "I-I-I just wanted to tell you how much I m-miss you." I stuttered. Good job, Liv... I felt a huge lump in my throat and my eyes filled up with tears who begged to escape. He invited us inside and we sat on his couch. This is so overwhelming. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I need to say something. "I tried telling you this a few months ago, but-" He hugged Mila and I.

   "I've waited for this moment for so long. I didn't know how to approach you, but I wanted to be there for you. I wanted to tell you how wrong I was by saying I'm not going to dedicate all my time for our baby. I was fucking blind with how my career rose and I thought that a child will be a setback, but she's not. She's not. I know I want this. I want this more than you can imagine. I felt so stupid for telling you that I'm putting my career first. You escaped from my hands just because of my stupid ego." His voice broke and I felt a pinch in my heart. "I lost the 2 important people in my life. You and Mila. I can't imagine what you've been through alone. I'm such a bad father and a bad husband." My eyes widened. Husband? He's not... I felt my cheeks burning hot. Was I blushing? Gerald pulled away to look at me. He had tears in his eyes. Fuck, the pain in my chest... He placed his warm hand on my cheek and stroked it with his thumb. "Even though we're not technically married, I'm going to be your husband one day, Olivia. You're mine, don't you forget that. Even when we're separated, you're mine."

   "I want you back, Ger..." The tears rushed down my eyes as if a tap was open to let everything out. "I don't see myself with anyone else. Only you. I want only you." He smiled a soft smile as he cried.

   "Move in with me. I want to raise Mila with you. I bought this big house for us. I did it for us." I smiled as the tears continued to roll down. I can't believe it's actually happenning. "I'll be there for Mila all the time. I'll be there for every single moment. I'll put her first. I promise you." This is what I begged for. Fuck, I can't believe this is real.

October 1st, 2017

   "Finally." Alexa called as she entered our house. She hugged Gerald and I. "You two break records when it comes to how slow you are in telling each other what you feel." 

   "Alexa couldn't be more right." Dean added. Are they shaming us to annoy us? We hung out in Gerald's pool with them. Seeing baby Mila in the water with Andrew was adorable. It's funny how all Gerald and I needed was guts to talk to each other to end up back together. How we both wanted it but thought the other didn't. We made everything harder than it really is.

   "I love you, Mila." I heard Gerald tell Mila as he gave her many small kisses. Every time he tells her he loves her, I feel warmth through my body. "You ain't ever getting a boyfriend. I don't trust men. I need my baby girl happy." Mila started crying, and we laughed. They're so adorable. "Oh, no... Baby, don't cry." He hugged her and stroked her back. She began calming down. "Shh..." She stopped crying. "But you still won't have a boyfriend." She cried again, and he continued hugging her as he laughed. It's as if she understands him...

   "Poor girl..." I murmured. Alexa sat next to me as we were sun-bathing.

   "He looks like he's a great father." She commented. He is amazing. He helps me a lot and I feel so relieved. I needed this help.

   "He's really good with Mila." I looked at Travis and Gerald playing in the water with Andrew and Mila. Dean and Lydia were sun-bathing with us.

   "At least Mila has a father now." I nodded. He loves her. He gives her so much of his time. He plays with her all the time and she loves it. That's what I wanted to happen. That's what I hoped for.

⌘