45. My Extra Special Surprise

Olivia's P.O.V

June 10th, 2016

   "You're finally back at the Bay!" Gerald exclaimed as he helped me entering my bag to his house, even though I didn't need help. Well, he was very nice, so I couldn't resist him.

   "Grady told me about the song with Britney Spears. I know you're excited."

   "You're more in touch with my friends than with me." He teased. That's not true and he knows that, he just loves to annoy me...

   "Oh, shut up." He chuckled. "So what are we doing today?"

   "I thought about taking you somewhere special." He had the most mischievous smile on his face.

   "Where?"

   "Some restaurant." My phone buzzed. I got a message. It was from Dylan.

Dylan:
Lex told me you're in town, let's meet up.

   I ignored it and continued the conversation with Gerald. He got to know too fast that I'm in the Bay. Again, I wonder what made him come back here when he's not even working here. "Who's that?" He asked.

   "No one interesting."

   "So I shouldn't be worried?" He smiled and pulled me closer to him.

   "No, you shouldn't." I smiled back.

   "Great, so go put on the pretty dress I bought you which is in my bedroom, waiting for you."

   "You shouldn't have." He shook his head.

   "I should have, now go and put that dress on; I want to see it on you." I smiled again, going to his bedroom and putting on that dress. It was Yves Saint Laurent, of course. He got me a beautiful black dress, and he added his black leather jacket to it. Even in the summer, it's cold at night in the Bay. But I don't understand why do I need to wear this fancy dress to a restaurant. Fuck, it's so beautiful... I love it. "You look so hot, fuck. I chose the perfect dress." Gerald complimented when I exited his bedroom. I felt my face burning. Ugh, am I blushing? "But what about the leather jacket?" I shrugged.

   "I have to?" He nodded and I sighed. "Fine..." I went to take his leather jacket which was a little bigger on me.

   "Now everyone knows you're mine." He smiled. "I'm going to change and we'll go out in a few minutes."

   "Okay." He went to his bedroom and I looked at my phone. Dylan kept sending texts.

Dylan:
Don't ignore your best friend.

   I narrowed my eyes. Best friend? Did he forget how how things ended?

Me:
You stopped being my best friend 5 years ago.
And stop texting me.

   I put my phone down when I got another text from him.

Dylan:
Let's meet up and talk about it, before your boyfriend barks at me again.

   I rolled my eyes.

Me:
Don't talk about him like that. Just disappear to Europe again.

   I locked my phone again and he texted me again. UGH.

Dylan:
My office moved back to Oakland, that's why I'm always around everyone.