Chapter 4: Door Wide Open

AN: Snow day today so no school (: & i have nothing better to do so probably posting multiple chapters (:

"I dont see why you dont like him," she picked up an apple and sucked her teeth into it, "I mean he seems real sweet. You like sweet."

He rolled his eyes. Sweet wasnt what he liked, "He's Harry's brother. You need to stay away from him. I dont trust 'im."

"Why?" she nearly yelled, cocking her head, "Nikki is dating Harry. You dont see her brothers going all ape shit."

He cringed at the last word. After all these years of him not watching his mouth, she finally caught on to a few things. His mom says it'll pass along with the clothing and attitude. But he knew better, "They do too. And watch the language, will ya?" 

She shrugged it off and tip toed into the living room, the apple still hanging on her teeth, "He's cute." 

"God, dont say that!" 

"Stop bein' that way," she whipped aound and smiled, "I'm smart." 

Yeah. Smart enough to check out Ronnie Styles.

"Just stay away from him, 'ight?"

Why was she all of a sudden into boys anyway? Last time he checked she was still playing with barbie dolls with Ken's missing their heads, and having tea with stuffed animals. He knew this day would come....he'd just have to nip it in the butt quicker than he thought. 

"I mean it, Em," he stressed, "I know the family. They're not the people you want to wrap yourself into. Find someone better."

She gave him an annoyed look, one he hasn't seen before, "You dont know him!" 

"You dont either!" he threw back, "And if him and Harry are related like they say, I think I know what he's like." 

"He's different!" 

His eyes jumped out of socket, "You just met him the other day! You dont know anything about him and no you're talkin' like ya'll are gon' to run off in the night and get hitched!" 

She grinned slyly.

"Dont you dare!"

She giggled at her brothers distress, "Calm yourself. I'm a big girl, Ben. I can take care of myself and choose boys for myself just fine." 

Sure she could. 

________________________________________

Ronnie had moved in fast. He'd informed us all that he was taking the semester off from school to stay with his Aunt and take care of his since her husband just left. He said he was going to be around for a while. 

And as for his brother, he couldnt give two shits what he was doing and what he was doing it with. Though, he hadnt uttered a word since the kid arrived. Not one damn word.

"I'm going to the shop," Scottie grabbed his shoes and laced them up, "We're gonna make Mike's truck run faster than Benji's car." 

Jimmy entered the room, a piece of toast in his hand, "You know how to do that?" 

"Ron's showin' us," Scottie said, "Apparently the kid's good with cars."

Jimmy nodded and finished eating the burnt bread, "Be home by five will ya? I gotta get this place cleaned." 

"Sure thing, Jim."

Jason flipped a page in his book. It was quiet when Scottie was gone. It's not too much fun without him or Anna running around. They kept everyone entertained most of the time.