The Recruiting

??? POV

  I walked down the path that was overgrown with the underbrush and roots from dark and forbidding trees. 'Odd.', I think to myself, 'It almost seems like something is trying to keep me out of this particular area of the forest...' I shiver, feeling unseen eyes looking at me. 'Don't worry. It's only a figment of my imagination.' 

3rd person view

(Y/N) was so deep in thought that she didn't seem to notice the small vines that wrapped around her arms, legs, and torso. Only did she notice them when she was being lifted into the  
air. She growled when she felt her bindings tighten around her. A small girl stepped into the clearing and looked at (Y/N) with timid eyes. "Y-you're not g-gonna hurt me a-are you?" The young girl asked the older female. Even though (Y/N) did believe that this was the person that was holding her captive, she still felt sympathy towards the young child. Her long, dirty brown hair covering one of her eyes, but the one eye that you could see held such a fear in it that (Y/N) just wanted to hold the child. Her clothes were ragged and torn. (Y/N) finally gathered enough strength for her to break free of the bindings and approach the timid child. The girl instantly backed away from her and started to sob. She's afraid of me (Y/N) thought to herself. She knelt down to the child and scooped her up into her arms. The young child climbed to her as if she were to be dropped, she would fall to her death. (Y/N) held the child with pretectiveness and...love. Something you would not expect a dark angel to express. Yet, here she was, holding a small girl in her arms. "What's your name?", (Y/N) asked the girl. The girl looked up at her and stared before answering. "Katt."