Chapter 2

Today is the first day in a long while I haven't had the usual nightmares. When I woke up this morning, I was relaxed and relieved.
The day after tomorrow is my birthday and thanks to my dad, I'm having a party. This means that I have to buy a dress, some shoes, send out invitations and leave the rest to my dad and Miranda. I call Miranda and tell her about the party. I can tell from her voice that she is sleepy. If she was fully awake, she would be screeching.
(She is so much like my dad but she doesn't have his last name). She decides to come over to the house and take me to the mall. I had my breakfast of bacon, waffles and eggs while I waited for Miranda and when I was done eating, she arrived.

"Sorry I'm late, had to run a few errands for my mom", she said.

"No problem, I don't even want to go the mall", I reply.

She gives me the face and I'm like
"What is it, can't I just wear one of my old clothes?"

"This is your sweet 16 party duh!!!"

"OK if you say so".

At the mall, we went to different shops checking out new clothes, shoes and things and I found the perfect dress after long hours of searching. Miranda helped me put on the dress and I couldn't even recognize myself.

"It's so beautiful, Nicole. I think it was specially made for you."

"I know right, I love the dress."

Then Miranda's phone buzzes. She reads the message and frowns.

"What's wrong?", I asked with a worried tone.

"My mum needs me at home, says it's an emergency. Should I drop you at home or will you continue shopping?".

She sounds tensed up and I have a strange feeling about it but I tell her not to worry.

"I'll continue shopping then I may come over and find out what is wrong."

"Thank you so much for understanding. I'm sorry I have to leave."

And then she is gone.

"Well I guess it's just me here", I say to myself.

I pay for the dress and leave Forever 21. I'm about to go to Burlington then I realize I forgot my dress at Forever 21.

"Why does this always have to happen to me when I shop alone?", I ask myself.

Once, I forgot the materials I needed for my science project at the counter and I realized I was not with them when I was at the car park.

"Hmmm, guess I have to go back and get the dress."

As I hurry into the shop, grab my dress and rush out, I bump into...

LUKE GRAYSON

*~*
"I didn't guess I would meet you here. From what I've heard, your social level is here", he motions keeping one hand very far and under the other hand representing me.

Today I decided to go to the mall...Uggghhhh. I groan internally

" Oh hey Luke, nice way to greet a person. I'm good and you?", I say with enough sarcasm dripping from my words.