Chapter 11

I had Ren in my arms and I was on Sephiroth's lap. Ren wasn't crying and he was old enough to eat regular food. Ren stared at me with his blue eyes. I smiled and he smiled back. I felt Sephiroth rest his head on my shoulder. "I am glad." I said. "I am glad that everything is going to be okay." Sephiroth kissed my cheek and I blushed. Ren laughed and he messed with my hair.

I went to go put Ren to bed and Sephiroth followed me. He helped me out more than I thought he would. Ren fell asleep in his bed and Sephiroth went back into my room. I followed him slowly. I was so exhausted I collapsed on the way there. I shivered because suddenly it was cold. Sephiroth came out and picked me up. "You work yourself too hard." Sephiroth said. He felt the cold and I felt my eyes closed.

~~~~~~~~

Something shook me violently. I heard pleads and I felt weak. "Is...... is..." I said and opened my eyes. I saw Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal. I tried to move but I felt pain. I realised something was in my chest. "My...... m-m-my........ ch....ch-ch-chest." I stuttered. "Wh-what's...... what's hap-happening?" Sephiroth lifted me up and suddenly the pain was gone. I felt blood pour around me. Genesis took off his jacket and wrapped my wound with it. I tried to keep my eyes open. I moved my hand to touch my chest but I was pinned down.

The pain was back and I groaned. They were shocked by me but didn't speak. I felt dizzy. "Ca-ca......can't." I groaned. "Breathe!" Genesis helped me breath with Sephiroth's acceptance. I wanted to be okay. Angeal whispered to Sephiroth and suddenly they picked me up. Genesis stopped and helped carry me to the hospital.

I now lay in a hospital bed with a breathing mask and air tank as well as bandages. I was strapped down to the bed. I suddenly blacked out and awoke to someone shaking me. "Sephiroth? Demon........ demon." I said. Suddenly magic surrounded me and I screamed in pain. A spike went through my chest and I grabbed the spike. The spike disappeared and the magic was gone. Sephiroth shook me and I struggled to heal myself.

There were shouts and Hojo entered the room. He rushed to my side. The doctors came in and used materia to heal me. I screamed in pain and would be writhing in pain if I wasn't strapped to the bed. I went slightly still but I was still breathing. Sephiroth put his hand on my cheek. "She is going to be okay." Hojo said. "Sephiroth keep an eye on Ren." Sephiroth nodded and I closed my eyes.

Sephiroth's hand left my cheek and someone was holding my hand. I opened my eyes and l fell asleep.

~~~~Sephiroth's PoV~~~~

I held Ren close to me and I smiled. He was worried and it was obvious. Ren knew something was up when it wasn't Diana holding him. He cried and cried until he couldn't anymore. I sighed and placed him back in his bed so he could rest. Suddenly my phone went off and I answered the call. "Give me the child and Diana will live. If you don't I will make sure she suffers." A male voice growled. I grabbed Ren and suddenly someone was shouting into the phone for help. I felt a knife go to my throat. "Genesis!" I gasped. I held onto Ren tightly. He started to cry and I knew everyone at the hospital could hear what was going on.

As if on cue, Diana appeared and attacked the man. The knife left my throat and I turned to see Diana struggling to overpower the demon man. Diana was thrown back and she hit the wall hard. I placed Ren down and attacked the man. He couldn't do much against me and I killed him. Diana was unconscious and Ren was still crying. I picked him up and held him close. Genesis ran in and saw Diana. He saw me and Ren. Diana suddenly was enclosed by darkness.I went to her and she opened her eyes. She looked up and screamed in pain. I entered the darkness and handed Genesis Ren. Genesis held Ren close and I helped Diana stand up. Diana kissed me and she was no longer in pain. She put her hands in my hair and I was shocked. Genesis laughed and Diana seemed to be enjoying this. I couldn't stop her.