Chapter 13

Days had passed and Sephiroth was calmer than usual. He hugged me and I looked at Ren who had started growing faster. He was now the size of my leg. Ren hugged Sephiroth and me. I picked up Ren and held him. Sephiroth let go of me and picked up his sword. He exited the apartment. I set down Ren. He looked at his father leave and sighed. He went into his room and closed the door. I sighed and went into my own room. I had blood from Vanessa and James but I had nothing to do with it. I went to lay on my bed.

Ren's door opened and I saw Ren enter the room. "Can I try and sleep with you?" Ren asked. I nodded and lay down on my bed. Ren crawled into bed with me and I pulled my child close. He fell asleep in my arms and I managed to fall asleep.

~~~~

Someone shook me awake and I opened my eyes. I saw Ren in the doorway and I saw Sephiroth beside him. I saw Genesis in front of me. "What?" I growled. Genesis backed away from me. I noticed that I was on the floor. "Not again." I muttered. I sat up and then noticed I was in a strange dress. I felt sick and rushed to the bathroom. I closed the door and threw up into the toilet. Sephiroth knocked on the door and I didn't want to move.

"Are you okay?" Sephiroth asked. I groaned and shook my head. I retched again and I clutched the toilet. I felt so dizzy and it wasn't helping that Sephiroth opened the door. He came over to me and I didn't speak. He rubbed my back gently and I retched once more. He sighed and I tried to pull myself together. I managed to stop and I cleaned up my face. Genesis looked into the bathroom. I still felt sick. 

Vincent appeared and I jumped shock. He laughed but I pushed by him. I felt horrible. I retched over the toilet. Vincent ushered everyone out and closed the door. He helped me by getting something to settle my stomach. I took the pill and flushed the toilet. I got up and Vincent helped me get back to my bedroom. I used magic to change my clothes. I now wore a t-shirt and some shorts. I collapsed on my bed.

"Magic?" Vincent asked. I nodded. I knew I shouldn't be sick so it must be magic. "Did you drink the wine?" Vincent asked. I shook my head. Genesis was watching us. "Then what could it be?" Vincent asked. I shrugged and curled up. Vincent sat down beside me.

"I don't know Vincent but it's magic all right. Only Sephiroth drank the wine! And how did you know about the wine?" I asked. Vincent laughed and I sat up slowly. I punched him hard. Vincent continued to laugh. Sephiroth was sitting in the chair. "Wait maybe it's because I didn't drink the wine....." I said. Sephiroth looked at me with a concerned expression and Vincent shut up admittedly. "I don't mean like drink the whole bottle but just a simple sip." I said.

"How would that help considering what it did to Sephiroth?" Vincent asked. I wasn't sure but I knew it might help. "Don't tell Ren about this." I joked. I teleported the poisoned wine to me and took a sip. Sephiroth almost broke the arms of the chair. I shook my head and suddenly I no longer felt sick. I made the wine disappear. I gasped for breath. My lungs started to collapse. I healed myself and I collapsed back. Then everything went dark. I was still awake but my vision became blurry.

"Diana!" Sephiroth shouted. I looked around in confusion. I tried to sit up but someone held me down. I felt someone grab my hand and I wasn't sure about this. I felt dark magic fill the room and I heard screams. I opened my mouth but couldn't speak. "What's going on?" Sephiroth asked Vincent. I heard glass shatter.

"I don't think it works with black magic!" Vincent said. "This is horrible! Why did she have to be so stupid!" I growled and they looked at me. I clung to consciousness. Suddenly I lost grip on reality. I fell asleep.

~~~~

I woke up to Sephiroth and Vincent. I felt sore and I noticed the bruises on my arms. "What did I do?" I asked. They didn't respond and I felt horrible. I put my hand on my head and groaned. "I am sorry! I screw everything up now look at what I have done!" I screamed. "I have hurt myself beyond repair! I try to fix myself but I am only hiding the truth..... I was never really whole... my heart has always been broken. I thought I could fix it but no! It was all lies! All lies!" I uncovered the full extent of my scars. I had them everywhere even on my neck. "I should have ended it when I had those chances." I cried.

Sephiroth pulled me close and he kissed my neck. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. Sephiroth stopped and looked into my eyes. "You were worth all of my time!" Sephiroth growled. "I don't want you to regret anything! I don't care if your scarred or if your broken." I hugged Sephiroth and suddenly I felt pain. I groaned not letting myself go any worse. My scars turned bright red and I collapsed back.

I transformed into a demon but this was not my own. It was Goddess Athen showing her true self. I screamed in pain. I grew a tail and my hair became a darker black. My scars faded and were replaced with dark blue skin. I felt strange then Chaos came out of Vincent. He held my hand and I held his. Vincent was limp on the floor. I screamed in pain but suddenly the pain was gone and Goddess Athen was standing next to Chaos. I went to Vincent and noticed he was still breathing.

Sephiroth went to us and suddenly I was back to being merged with Goddess Athen. I collapsed and the scars were back. I felt so sore. Vincent regained consciousness. He pushed me off of him and helped me into the bed. I closed my eyes and suddenly I felt pressure on my chest. I struggled but couldn't stop the pressure. Vincent had his weight on me. I couldn't move. "You're! You're killing me!" I gasped. Vincent stopped and got off of me.

I tried to regained breath but it was hard. I curled up and protected my chest. Sephiroth sat beside me. I uncurled and looked at Sephiroth. Sephiroth pulled me to him. I put my hands on his chest. Sephiroth smiled and I smiled back. I closed my eyes. I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you." Sephiroth whispered in my ear. I couldn't help that my smile grew bigger. Sephiroth pulled me closer and I blushed. I laid my head down on his chest. His heart was beating fast and I knew mine was too.

"Excuse me?" Vincent said. I laughed and teleported Vincent away. Sephiroth laid his head on mine and I listened closely. Sephiroth was smiling and blushing. I opened my eyes and sighed. This was too good to be true. Was this real? Did Sephiroth really love me? I didn't know the answer but maybe he did really love me. If so then I couldn't help but love him back.