T h i r t y s i x

36

kik // ethan dolan

+

Kaylie

the past few days have been so slow. i dont know what to do, ethan has me so fucked up once again. i was finally over him, then he had to come back. but maybe im secretly glad hes back, i missed him.

"hey kiddo." i smiled at Courtney, buckling her into the carseat.

"hi mommy!" she smiled and looked up at me, playing with her pigtails.

"how was your day?" i smile again as i get back in and buckle up,

"good! you?"

"interesting." i mumbled and started the car, making my way back to our house. of course it was fucking pouring. i got out and unbuckled Courtney, carrying her inside. Once we got inside I set her down, slipping off mine and hers jacket. I closed the door and looked around, realizing how messy the house was. I jumped as there was a knock at the door,

"What the hell." I mumbled as Courtney ran up to her room, I opened the door.

"Hello." Ethan grinned, shifting his weight onto his other foot, I raised my eyebrow, speechless honestly.

"Uh hey." I smiled awkwardly, confused as to if I should let him in or not. "I guess wanna come in?"

He nodded, stepping inside and looked around. He pulled his hands out of his grey vans hoodie, "nice place." He smiled

I shrugged and looked around, "I suppose." I mumbled, scratching my neck, "Ethan, why are you here?" I looked up at him, taking in his appearances again. I missed him so much, but I couldn't admit that.

"I wanted to see you." He said softly, looking back at me. I shivered, nodding. I walked down to the couch and sat down, rubbing my temples. He sat down across from me, keeping space between us, I looked up as Courtney ran down the stairs and looked at Ethan,

"Ethan.. this is uh Courtney." I mumbled again, as Courtney smiled at him. "Your daughter."'

A smile fell onto Ethan's lips as he looked at her, "hello. I'm Ethan." He smiled some more, putting his hand out. Courtney walked a little closer and smiled as she shook his hand.

"Mommy? Is this my daddy." She asked, concern in her voice. I slowly nodded, rubbing at my temples again,

"Yes, baby." Ethan broke the silence, saying a few things that didn't catch. Courtney smiled and waved, running back up to her room.

"I-" Ethan got cut off as the front door opened, I didnt bother to look at who walked in, my eyes were glued to Ethan. He looked amazing, like always. His hair was brown again, but it still had some streaks of colors in it, his gray shirt squeezed his body.

"What the fuck?" kellen mumbled as he slammed the door shut, "why is he here?" He said as his voice got a little louder, the anger in his voice showing.

"He just wanted to check up on us?" I lied, looking at kellen. Nathan squeezed past him, running up stairs to find his sister.

"I should get going." Ethan cleared his throat as he stood up, picking up his jacket and walking towards the door. He didn't get very far because kellen pushed him against the wall.

"Stay away from her and my family, got it?" He looked at Ethan as he held him against the wall, letting go of him after a few seconds, he threw down his bags and walked upstairs and slammed our bedroom door. I got up after he left, giving Ethan a tight hug.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled as I squeezed him like my life depended on it, Ethan didn't hesitate to hug me back, his arms tightened around my waist.

"Ill be back okay?" He whispered, pulling away from the hug and left, once the door closed I sighed. I walked upstairs, and went into our bedroom, the water was running. I knocked on the bathroom door that was in the corner of the room,

"Baby?" I said softly, opening the door as I stepped into the bathroom. It was steamy from the warmth of the water.

"Yeah?" Kellen said, he still sounded agitated.

"I'm sorry, that he was here. He just showed up." I said as I pushed a piece of hair behind my hair, I leaned against the counter, rubbing some of the steam off the mirror.

"Don't let it happen again, please. I don't need him to fuck our life up." He said again, the water shut off. He reached for his towel, I looked at him as he stepped out, the towel tightly wrapped around his waist, a few pieces of his hair fell onto his forehead. I looked away, stepping out of the bathroom. I threw myself onto the bed, I had a terrible headache. I sighed and closed my eyes.

---

AYEEEE :)