Chapter 7 : A charming night

It has been fifteen minutes that we walked. We didn't find a place yet.

"Where is it, your hostel? I'm getting sleepier than ever..." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Do not worry, it shall be very close now." he replied, looking at the horizon.

Then, few steps later, we noticed like a lighthen house, full of people. There was also, on the front side of the roof, a pannel with written on it :
'Inn'
"There we go, Alfa said as he arrived to the door, opening it. After you, Milady~"
I smiled to his favor, and entered the room first, followed by him.

"Welcome y'ladies an' gentlmen. How can I help ya?" A masculine voice asked, looking at us both. It was the innkeeper, looking a bit old. He noticed us, but mostly Alfa, waving at him.

"Ha, Alfa! Dear pal, lon' time no see, right?

- Totally, how is it going?" He replied, doing a handshake with him.

"An' who's dis youn' lady in ya company?

- Just a lady. Named Kassie. I bring her with me to my work. Since it's night time, I think we both need to rest. You know what this means?

- As always, Al! Oh an', nice to meet new'ol ladies on dis place.

- Heh... Thanks." I chuckled as the innkeeper let me know it is nice to meet me, leaving the room for a little instant.
There was a cheerfull mood around here, just by looking all around. At my right, there was the pub. Inside, many people drinking, dancing, chatting, men like women. It seems like there were many species, snowmen mainly. There were some dressing crazily, like they were in a carnival, some with classical and tidy clothes, even some were wearing steampunk outfits, just like Alfa does. I smiled to this, after all, a joyfull moment is always an opportunity to take, as long as it's possible.
Few moments later, the old man came back with a key, then told us :

"Alight, ladi' an' gent'man, there ya go. On te first floor. Have a nice stay.

- Merci." I replied, taking the key with the same cheerful smile.
So we climbed the stairs to the first floor. The key showed on it's side '03'.
01... 02... 03. There we go. Our door. I openned the door with the key, then entered. The first thing I saw was a casual bedroom with a two people's bed, a window beside it's end. No wonder this would be the dream.

"Pfew... I'm done." Alfa panted as the first thing he did as he entered the room was falling on the bed. I chuckled to that.

"I thought you were much more than I could think. Were you lying?

- Well, I'm more determinated when it's about to go to bed, he replied with a sense of humour.

- I could sense that. There is only one bed, and we are two.

- I'll let you lay by my side." Alfa finished.

I went to the door next to me, there was the bathroom. I closed it to make sure I'll remove the skirt of my dress quickly. I never thought this dress would be combinated. Once I did so, I came back with only the top on me. I sat beside Alfa silently. Looking by the window, I could see a dark sky rising upon our heads. I wanted to start small talk.

"So... This is all for today?

- And this is not done yet. This kingdom is huger than you can think. You'll see, we haven't reach the half of it yet.

- That is incredible... I'm wondering how you did to find me at the room.

- Well, let's say that I was in the castle, and it is at the middle, of it, so no worries about it. I just had to take my time to go there.

- Hm, I see... So, you work in the castle?

- Yeah, I'm Blacksmith at there!

- Blacksmith? Why did they pick you if you are Blacksmith? Aren't you supposed to forge weapons for soldiers?

- Technically. But all the soldiers were busy, so there was no one left, except me...

- What about your shop?

- My assistant could take it the time I leave. I hope business still work on.

- Your assistant... Alfa? If we have time, I want to see your shop.

- O-Oh... Really? It's rare that people go to my shop on purpose, soldiers go because they must have weapons... Are you sure you want to come in?

- Of course! I'm sure it will be nice to have a look on what you do!"
It seemed like at this moment, Alfa blushed. I wasn't sure, but there were red marks on his face. It made me amused. I kept the chat doing.

"Hey, Alfa? I'm very glad we met.

- And why for?

- Because I think that if I didn't see you there, I'd be screwed, still small like I am. So... Thank you, really.

- Heh... Actually, it would be me who shall thank you. Because you are getting nice to me. You are someone that I would never expect to me before... Thank you."
He smiled, taking me in his embrace. Am I dreaming, or he's really hugging me? I smiled to that still, and hugged back, petting his back.

"Pleasure shared, I replied. For now... It's bed time, we shall sleep."
I lay on the bed, beside Alfa who did the same.
"You're right... Good night, Milady~

- Hehe, good night, gentleman. And sleep well."
I said as I closed my eyes. I could feel like a warm and yet a bit wet spot placing itself on my forehead. Probably a kiss. I smiled to that, hearing those last words whisphering "She is so beautiful like this." before falling asleep.

The next morning, I woke up, rubbing my eyes. It was getting sunny outside, just by noticing the sunshines from the window. I stood up to have a view of the horizon. The view was showing a part of the town, with a street leading to the left, one to the right. It was calm out there, and yet, some strangers with armors were walking near by the sight, looking dangerous with their spear.

To be continued...