Chapter 18

Happy Sunday! Please don't forget to vote and comment :) 

***

'Will?' Storm knocked on Will's bedroom door. Will opened it;

'Is it...?'

'It's finished,' said Storm happily. 'They're going to see if they can find Oliver and Rose so I thought I'd better come and wake you.'

Will smiled in what seemed like the first time in forever, 'I could kiss you!'

'Rose said you have a girlfriend,' laughed Storm. 'I don't think she'd be too impressed!'

Will felt even happier at the prospect of seeing Hannah soon.

***

Gaius, Tom, Merlin, Torrent, King Arthur and Queen Guinevere looked up as Will and Storm entered.

Once they were all stood around the cauldron, Merlin took a breath, 'everyone ready?'

They all nodded.

Merlin continued, 'so the plan is that I do the spell and try to find them first, and then everyone else can have a look once I know where and when they are.'

'Go on, then,' said Will impatiently.

Storm rolled her eyes at Will who immediately felt sheepish.

Merlin ignored this and began to speak words that sounded as old as the hills to Will. He watched as Merlin waved a hand over the cauldron, which began to change colour. Will started forwards to see what was in it, but Storm laid a hand on his arm, holding him back.

'Let him concentrate,' she hissed.

Merlin stopped speaking and leant forwards to look into the cauldron. Will almost stopped breathing as he tried to read Merlin's face. Merlin frowned.

'What is it?' asked Will, his heart beginning to thud.

'The map co-ordinates,' said Merlin. 'They're changing... I think they must be moving, not in one place.'

'Is that bad?' Will asked.

'It makes it harder to work out where they are exactly,' said Merlin.

Another number floated across the surface of the potion.

'They're in 1837,' Tom said.

Merlin spoke some more of the spell and the surface of the potion changed again.

'Come and see this,' he said.

Will hastened forward and squinted into the cauldron. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust, and then he realised he was looking at a bird's eye view of a single-track road with two figures walking along it.

'Is that them?' Will demanded.

'I think so...' Merlin waved his hand over the potion and the view changed so that they now appeared to be hovering two meters away from Rose and Oliver.

Will craned forward to see them again, Tom pushed him over a bit so that he could get a look too.

'They look alright, I mean, not hurt or anything,' Tom was surprised, he would have thought that that evil wizard would have kept them as hostage, not let them go.

From what they could see, Rose and Oliver looked tired but unscathed and were talking as they walked along still dressed in the clothes they had left Camelot in.

Will nodded slowly, 'where are they going?' There was no sound with the picture, which made it tricky to interpret exactly what was going on.

Torrent changed the potion so that the map co-ordinates showed again, 'it looks like they're headed South-West?'