#4 Davey~First Date

Request: Could you write a Davey Jacobs x reader where he takes her out on a first date and is all cute and awkward and then after he walks her home he asks to kiss her and it's fluffy? Thank you so much!! I love your imagines!! ❤️

You blot the bright red color on your lips, hoping that it isn't too much. It had been forever since you've felt this way about someone. You've known Davey for-well-ever, but you never thought you would ever go on a date with him. You had always felt that your friendship was more than just a friendship, but you didn't want to tell him and risk ruining what you had. Last week, he told you that he felt the same way and asked you on a date.

Now, you're sitting in front of your mirror, anxiously applying more makeup than you normally would, worried that this won't go well and things will never go back to normal. Even if they don't this one date will have been completely worth it.

You can't worry about it anymore because he knocks at the door. You open it and smile at him. He looked-wow, just wow.

"H-hi," you stutter.

He smiles. "You look wonderful."

You blush and tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. "You too."

He holds his hand out for you to take. "Ready to go?"

You nod and walk out with him.

The date goes wonderfully. The two of you have known each other so long that you don't have to worry about making a good first impression. That's not to say that it isn't awkward. It's just less awkward than it could have been.

As you walk out of the restaurant, the cold New York air hits you, causing you to shiver. Davey notices and takes his jacket off, draping it over your shoulders. You open your mouth to protest, but he cuts you off. "Don't worry about it."

You smile and rest your head on his shoulder.

He grins slightly and walks the rest of the way home with his arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer. By the time you get back to your door, you don't want the night to be over.

He smiles and watches as you unlock the door. "I had a great time."

"Yeah, me too."

There's an awkward silence before he leans in to kiss you. You close your eyes and try to close the gap. Your noses bump, causing you both to chuckle nervously. He cups your cheek and tries again.

The moment your lips touch is magical. When you finally pull away, both of you are blushing profusely.

"Goodnight." You turn to open the door, leaning against it. When it doesn't open, you push it farther, before realizing that it's a pull door. You laugh slightly and quickly go inside before you can make this any worse.

You close the door and slide down the back while Davey walks back home. Your smile widens when you realize you still have his jacket around your shoulders and pull it tighter, smelling his cologne.