9

Ashton’s POV

It’s been a few weeks since I finally ended it with Makayla and got closure. I’m over her, and it feels great. I don’t even know why I dated her. I’m on my way to meet Bella at the burger place. Rounding a corner in the mall I bump into a girl carrying a cup of coffee, sending it flying.

            “Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Are you ok?” I extend my hand to the pretty blonde with coffee over her shirt. She takes it and I help her up. She’s quiet a bit shorter than me and has to tilt her head to look me in the eyes. They are a brilliant blue, and I can’t look away.

            “I’m fine. I swear!” she uses a napkin to dab at her shirt.

            “Ok, but let me make it up to you! Buy you a new coffee?” I offer. She gives me a hesitant look. “Please…” I wait for her name.

            “Lucie,” she smiles.

            “Ashton. I’m actually late for something, but I’d love to get coffee sometime.”

            “Yea, sure.” We exchange numbers and I bolt off.

            “I’ve been here for 20 minutes. What the hell took you so long? And why do you look so happy?” Bella cocks an eyebrow at me as I slide into the booth across from her.

            “I have a date!” I beam.

            “Oh. With who?”

            “Her name is Lucie. I just ran into her, literally. We are going for coffee next week.”

            “That’s great.” Her smile is forced, but I don’t dare ask why. I’m happy about meeting Lucie and I don’t want to think about our arrangement right now. “So what’s new with you?”

            “I uh actually have a date too.”

            “Really? Who with?”

            “Aiden,” Bella answers quickly. I racked my brain trying to remember who Aiden was.

             “That guy you met at work?”

            “Yes.” I don’t know why but it irritated me that she was going on a date.

            “Well that’s a change. Since when do you go on dates?” I raise an eyebrow at her. Our waitress comes by with our usual order. Bella waits till she’s gone to reply.

            “Since now.” She states.    

            “That’s good I guess.” Something kept nagging at the back of my brain.

A few days later was my date with Lucie. “So do you normally go around bumping into girls and spilling their coffee?” she giggles.

            “I’m actually surprised it doesn’t happen more often. I’m really clumsy!”

            “Well for the record I’m glad you bumped into me.” Her smile was gorgeous and infectious.

            “Me too.” We had a lot in common. “Second date?” I asked when I dropped her off.

            “Definitely!”  She pecked my cheek and disappeared into her house.