part four

"philly?" dan asked me. "would you, would you like to, come over today?"

"of course, dan," i replied. "i love spending time with you, silly,"

dan grinned and reached over to hug me. we had gotten much more comfortable with each other. we just had to be careful about it in public. showing affection would be considered abnormal.

i hugged back, feeling his warmth. he's always so warm and soft. it could be his jumpers but it's also his skin. his milky white skin is so soft and beautiful. i wish my pale face were beautiful too.

he pulled back, sitting down next to me.

"are you okay, phil? you look a bit sad," dan pointed out.

"mmh, yes i'm fine dan," i said. "don't worry about me," i faked a smile, hoping i would look momentarily happier. but then i realized something.

"dan, do you think i'm pretty?" i asked him. he looked surprised. i thought i knew the answer. it would be no. but then he surprised me.

"no, i don't think you're pretty. i think you're beautiful," and with that he put his arm around me. i leaned into his shoulder, smiling. he thinks i'm beautiful.

+

along with the wonderful feeling i get when i spend time with dan, is the amazing feeling i get when i read. i feel intelligent, superior, and important. things i'm not used to feeling. i had to search what many words meant, as i hadn't learned them but once i knew them it was incredible. but i must keep silent. my parents would disown me if they knew.

i have realized that my parents have been coming home later and later lately. i'm not sure what they're doing. there could be more books around but i wouldn't know. i don't really know them as well as i should. i just know they have quite a bit of money and supply me with my needs, so i assume they are good people. at least i'd hope so. except for the fireman job they seem quite nice. maybe i'll get to know them one day.

ever since i met dan i had been going on tumblr much more, reaching out to people in other countries. i can confirm, it is just how dan said. they've got books, though much of them have been replaced by, cellular devices? i believe they called them phones. it's fascinating, really. i've always loved learning about other cultures. seeing how they act and how their societies work.

i really couldn't be happier at the moment.

+

an// YA BOY WROTE AYEE

hope that was a decent chapter it's honestly been a long time since i've written anything

shoutout to kaloniero for wanting more of this book i guess?? i wouldn't have written more otherwise

also i'm rlly excited to write the rest of this?? i have a cool plot planned

ok cool

hope u guys enjoyed & ily have a rlly good day :))

~haley 🐝