My Auntie is the Best

Nyx says to me, "They are in a place where no mortal could ever reach, and where Gods do not dare to go. They are in a deep part of Thanatos's cave. They are located in a part where even Thanatos himself dare not go. It is too dark. Only a God or Goddess of light or dark could go there. We must hurry, for if we do not, Helia will die of darkness poisoning." I glare at my auntie and ask, "And why would you allow your husband to have my destined's captor to go there?"
     Nyx looks down in shame and says, "I thought she was strong enough to survive the cave. She has done extremely well so far. I believe that her being the other part of you soul has kept her alive for so long. Since you are the Goddess of the moon, you would be perfectly fine in that darkness. Only myself, my husband, Aerther, you, and Apollo could enter there and survive. Maybe Daphne would survive for some time, but being a nymph previously, she would not survive long. We must reach Helia in 5 moons, or all hope will be lost. She will die and go into Hades and Adonia's realm permanently."
   I feel my eyes blaze in fury and teleport to Thanatos's cave with Nyx close behind me. I knock on the front door, and Zalifa opens the door shirtless and his pants hanging low on his hips. I glare at him, and he blushes, allowing us in. We both run in, finding the God of death laying on his pink couch with no shirt and a love bite on his neck. I raise my eyebrows and he shrugs.
    "Why are you in mine and Zalifa's house, dear friend and mum?" (Oh yeah, did I mention that Nyx is Thanatos's mum? No? Well she is, back to the present) Nyx rolls her eyes at her son and says, "Your father is in the part of your cave that you may not enter. He is attempting to collect Aerther's soul for me. Aerther has captured Helia, and we are here to get her." Zalifa's eyes widen as he enters the room with actual pants and a shirt on. He throws a shirt at his husband and laughs when it hits Thanatos in the face. Thanatos growls, and says to his mother, "It is not possible. Helia would already be dead, and I would have already had to collect her soul. She would not be able to survive that much darkness."
   I sprint up to him, pin him against the wall and growl, "She is alive. You will show us the way to the cave, then leave. You will not survive the cave but Nyx and I will. She is alive because she is my wife to be. I am the Goddess of the moon, so I am immune to that amount of darkness. You will help us, or you will have a bigger problem on your hands." He nods and I let him fall to the floor.
Zalifa runs to his husband, helping him up, growling at me. I roll my eyes and say to him, "If someone had kidnapped your husband, and the one person that can help you doesn't believe their alive, you would be doing the exact same thing. So don't you fucking dare growl at me." He hangs his head in submission and Thanatos says to us, "It is too late to go now. In that part of the cave, even you Artemis would not survive 10 seconds without the help of light. I know for a fact that Aerther will be using his magic to keep her alive. He will not stop helping her until you are in the cave with him. So, we will rest and head to the area tomorrow."
I glare at him but nod, knowing what he says is true. I cannot help my love if I am dead on the floor. Gods and Goddesses can die in that part of Thanatos's cave. It's the only place in the universe they can die.
Nyx smiles at him, and grabs my hand, leading us to a room. The room is night sky themed. The ceiling is covered in stars, some I put in the sky, and even a crescent moon in the middle. I smile, thinking of why I make my moon into a crescent. A crescent moon means happiness and content ness. A full moon either means joyfulness or complete despair. A waning moon means I have no frontal emotions that night. Back to the room, the floor is made of healthy grass, feeling like pillows beneath my feet. The moon is emanating a soft light, as though it is a night light.
"This room is basically you embodied, except the lack of a forest." I turn to Nyx and nod my head in conformation. This room is the embodiment of me, and I love it. The rooms in Thanatos's home change to tailor the occupant. Nyx goes to the room next door, and I follow her.
Her room is covered in complete darkness. I create a little moon light, and I spot a river in the middle of the room. The bed is floating mid air, as to not touch the ground, in fear of harming the river. I hear Nyx sob in happiness and run towards something.
I shine some moonlight to the corner of the room, and see my auntie in the arms of a tall, dark man. I grin, and run to my aunt and uncle. They both open their arms, and I slip into the embrace. "I missed you too, little Arte." I laugh at my uncle's remark, and back out of the embrace.
"So, why did you leave my love with that psychopath of a sun god?" He chuckles and says, "I am only partly here, my dear. You know better than anyone that Gods and Goddesses can be in multiple places at once. I am still in the room with your love and the psychopath." I glare and ask, "Is she still safe?" Erebus sighs and says, "She is still safe. Aerther is keeping her alive and waiting for you. I am making sure Helia is not harmed. I am actively pushing out the darkness within the cave and keeping it inside me." My eyes soften and I reply, "I am sorry you have to deal with that pain uncle. I know that it must hurt, that darkness is poison. Thank you for protecting my Helia."
He nods and says, "Now, will you go back to your room? We do not want virgin ears hearing what we are to do." He winks at Nyx and she chuckles. I fake gag, smiling at their happiness, and go back to my room.

I lay down on the grass in my room. Pushing out my powers, I search for my love. Seeing her bright soul, I grin and press my thoughts into her mind. "Hello my love." I see Helia smile and reply, "Art! My heart! You have found me! Please save me, i do not think I can survive longer. Aerther is keeping me alive for some reason. Please save me." I feel tears well up in my eyes and I say, "We are coming my love. I am coming. I will save you, and that is not an empty promise. I will safely get you out of there and have Erebus put all of the lethal darkness back into the cave, and render Aerther powerless. We will kill him." I see Helia shake her head at this and begs, "Please do not kill him. He is blinded by impossible love. Just please allow him to break his oath to the River Styx and allow Nyx to torture him. Please." I relent and say, "Fine. But only because you asked and because auntie needs a new soul to torture." I watch Helia smile, then her face turn into a grimace.
Aerther walks into view and painfully shines sunlight into my love's eyes. I hear her groan in pain, not letting herself scream. Aerther growls, as he is shoved off her by Erebus. Erebus punched Aerther in the face and yells at him for harming Helia. My heart stops for a moment, and I cannot breath. I have to break my connection for now, and control my heart.
Nyx and Erebus burst into my room, knowing I am close to passing out from my heart. Zalifa rushes in, and puts his palms on my chest. He sends a pulse of life through my body and my heart restarts itself completely. I scoot away from him, and growl at him, "Never put your hands on my chest. Even if I am dying, never do that. I will not allow another man, except my brother, touch my chest. I trust only my brother with my medical treatments. Do not touch my chest ever again Zalifa, understand?"
He nods, and leaves the room, heading back to his room. I let out a sigh when he is gone, and takes Nyx's hand to help me get to my feet. Erebus holds me and whispers, "I will protect her, Arte. Do not fret. I will continue protecting her for the rest of our lives." I just nod and leave his embrace. I look at my aunt and uncle, holding hands, and dressed in robes. I raise my eyebrows and say, "Go back to what you were doing. I will be fine." Nyx looks at me worriedly and asks, "Are you sure you will be fine?" I nod and wave them away.
Erebus gives me one last look and exits my room, with my auntie exiting with him. I laugh, but fall to the grass as soon as I sense them enter their room. I fall into a heap on the ground, and think of something.

Confirming my plan, I go to Nyx. Entering their room, I see Erebus is asleep and Nyx is sitting next to the River. I walk over to her and ask, "Will you accompany me? I need to save Helia. I am falling into a despair I can almost not get out of. It took almost all of my energy walking here. Please. I need you." Nyx looks at me, with her dark eyes and says, "Yes. But we need my husband so he can teleport us there. I will go wake him. You collect your things and your strength. We will meet you in your room, in 3 minutes." I nod and sprint to my room, silently.
    I groan in anger, thinking that mine and Helia's lives will never be somewhat calm. I was planning on proposing to her, and this is what I get?! I get my one true love stolen from me?! She gets kidnapped because some psychotic God wants me so badly?! I am going to get her back, and I will propose to her. I wish for her to be my wife. I want her to be my wife so badly.
     I hear Nyx and Erebus enter my room, and I turn around. "So, Erebus, teleport us to the cave. You will darken the room completely, and Nyx will also help. I will use my night vision, and release Helia. Then, I will hold her in my arms and teleport us out of the cave. I will then leave her at Olympus, under the close and watchful protection of my friends and brother, and come back. I will make sure he is finished. I will make sure he hurts me, I will make sure you have another soul to torture Nyx." My auntie and uncle both nod. Erebus studies me and says to me, "Why are you doing this? Why are you repaying us when we did this to you?"
      I roll my eyes and hug them. "You are the closest family I have other than my mum and brother. You two have always stood by me, through thick and thin. I am repaying you. For everything you have done for me, and now, Helia. Thank you for protecting her, even if it means you getting hurt. I will always stand by you, protect you, and help you. I love you guys, you're my auntie and uncle." I pull away, and Erebus has tears streaming down his face. I kiss his cheek, and he grabs his wife's hand and mine. I feel a pull in my stomach, and feel us being teleported.

AN: Nyx pictured above