Unexpected question... [Chapter seven]

A week had passed since we first moved in to our house. We hadn't seen anyone from Drake's family, since that night. I didn't think his parents liked me too much. The way they had looked at me when they first met me, made me unsure how they felt about me. I was happy Kat and I had become friends though. We texted every day, since I had met her. We had the same taste in design, clothes and furniture.

Sitting on the barstool at the counter, I ate my granola and yogurt. Drake came downstairs and into the kitchen. He wore a pair of grey shorts and no shirt. I smiled, as he made his way to me.

"Good morning, babe." I said before he had a chance to kiss my lips.

"Morning." He replied, smiling.

Slowly, I finished my breakfast while I watched Drake pour himself a cup of coffee. He poured himself a bowl of cocoa puff cereal and sat beside me as he began to eat. Removing my attention from Drake's good looks, I continued to look through Facebook. I noticed a message from Darcy and opened it. Until that moment, I hadn't realized how much I had actually missed her. A lump formed in my throat as I read the message.

Hey, Tasha. I miss you like crazy. Lila told me you moved to England. I hope you are finally living the wonderful life that you deserve. Get back to me soon. I miss and love you.

After typing a quick reply back, I hit the send button and closed out of Facebook. Tears had formed in my eyes, but I had brushed them away quickly. Getting up, I rinsed my bowl and put it in the dishwasher.

"Kat is on her way. She is taking you out shopping while I discuss some things with my father. I also have to run to town and pick something up. Kat told me to tell you to dress in something cute." Drake said as he finished his cereal.

"Okay, I guess I'll go with her." I said, my voice a little shaky. I wondered what Drake had to pick up from town. Or why I couldn't stay at the house while he did those things. But, I had been in the house for too long and needed to get out and do something.

"Don't worry, babe. You will have fun. Kat likes you. Actually, she loves you." He laughed. "She keeps asking when I am proposing to you so she can call you her sister in law."

Just hearing him say that made my stomach flutter. I wished I could marry him one day. We had talked about it but he kept telling me he wanted to wait. I didn't know if he was just telling me that or if he actually meant it. I had hoped we could get married sooner rather than later.

"Okay, well, I am going to run upstairs and get dressed. I think she's here." I said before giving him a quick kiss.

I ran upstairs and into my closet. Finally deciding what to wear, I put on a cute pink camisole and a pair of faded, light blue jeans that hugged my hips perfectly. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, my breath caught in my throat, damn I looked good. There was a sparkle of happiness in my eyes that I hadn't seen before. Seeing this, I knew I'd made the right choice about moving. I brushed my hair and put on some light makeup before I grabbed my hello kitty sunglasses and placed them on my head.

I was back downstairs in less then ten minutes and I looked flawless. That was the shortest amount of time in which I had ever gotten ready. But, I knew it was because it didn't have to look good for anyone but Drake. Drake loved me just the way I was. He always had and always would. He told me so every single day.

"You look beautiful, baby girl." Drake said as he answered my thoughts. He walked over to me and kissed me goodbye as he put my phone in my front pocket.

"Thanks." I said happily. "We will be back later. Do I come back here or go to your parent's?"

"Kat knows the plans for today. Just relax and have a good time. You need to take your mind off of everything and just live your life. I don't like to see you stressed out." He opened the car door and I slid onto the seat.