Chapter 20

Jen’s POV

Breakfast was interesting to say the least. We knew something happened as Louis came into each of our rooms and told us to go downstairs for breakfast. He was way too happy and had an extra bounce in his step. Maddy and I entered the kitchen and sat at the table. Niall came in and sat between me and the empty spot on the other side of Freddie’s high chair.

“What's his deal?” Niall asked quietly.

Maddy leaned over in front of me. “Don't ask unless you really want to know.”

“I would like to know actually.”

“He and Kat had sex last night.” I blurted. “It’s obvious. He's been miserable for weeks and he's suddenly got a kick in his step. Watch Kat come down in some skimpy lingerie.”

Maddy chuckled.

Louis turned with sharp eyes to look at all three of us. “If any one of you as much as checks her out, you're dead. Got it?”

My eyes went wide and I shook my head as I poured us all some orange juice. “He's gone insane.”

“He's protective.”

“He's an ass.”

Maddy and I glanced at Niall.

“Seriously, Niall? Don't let Louis hear you.”

“Too late.” Louis piped in.

Niall huffed.

All I eyes turned though as we heard the patter of feet coming closer.

Kat walked into the kitchen wearing nothing but one of Louis’ famous Adidas sweatshirts and what looked like black underwear.

She walked over to Louis who gave her a kiss.

“Go sit. Food’s almost ready.”

Kat walked over and took the empty seat beside Niall.

Niall leaned over. “Are you wearing no bra under that?”

“Not answering.”

I chuckled. “Oh, she's so not.”

“Shut up.”

We all laughed, causing Freddie to giggle to himself.

Louis finally put food down on the table and sat on the other side of the high chair.

“Eat up, everyone.”

Plates were passed and food was piled onto plates. It's not very often we're all present for breakfast. Forks and knives flanked against the metal plates and Freddie spread his food around his tray.

I broke the silence. “So?”

“What?” Louis said with a full mouth.

“Uh, so you two?” I motioned between him and Kat.

Louis nodded. “Yup.”

Kat’s face went red.

“Nothing to be ashamed of, Kat.” Maddy winked at her.

Niall huffed beside me. I kicked him under the table.

“Congrats.” Niall hissed as he stood up, shoving back his chair and startling Freddie to tears. “I’m glad you're both happy.”

He bolted from the room and the front door slammed shut, shaking the whole front of the house.

“He seemed okay with everything last night when I talked to him.” Kat said softly.