7

At junk n Stuff Schwoz and jasper prepare a place for Charlotte.
Jasper: W-What....did ray....say happened?
His voice is breaking, Schwoz can see that he's shaking.
Schwoz: he....h-he didn't say much, he just said that Charlotte's badly hurt and that we need to prepare a place where we can treat her.
Jasper: i-is she?... is....she going to di........is she going to be okay?
Jasper can barely speak.
Schwoz: I don't know.
Ray rushes into the man cave with an unconscious Charlotte in his arms.
Schwoz: Quick set her down here!
Ray: is she gonna be okay?
Schwoz: I don't know
Ray: SCHWOZ!
Schwoz: I SAID I DON'T KNOW!
Schwoz begins to examine Charlotte's wound.
Schwoz: we need to start treatment immediately, get gooch! Only he can help me!
Ray: right!
Ray rushes off to find gooch, Schwoz covers Charlotte's treatment area with curtains.
Henry enters the man cave, his eyes are swollen from crying. Jasper advances towards Henry and pushes him.
Jasper: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU SAID YOU COULD HANDLE DREX!
Jasper says whilst pushing Henry, he's crying.
Jasper: YOU SAID YOU COULD BEAT HIM!
Henry opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.
JASPER: YOU SAID YOU COULD HANDLE HIM! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO SAVE HER!!!
Henry doesn't respond, he can't bring himself to even look at jasper, the tears begin to flow again.
JASPER: SHE GOT HURT BECAUSE OF YOU! IF YOU HAD LISTENED TO US NON OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! SHE WOULDN'T BE........lying on that bed.....dy.......

Henry: I......I-I.......I didn't......see him
Jasper: IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO HER I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU
Jasper pushes Henry so hard he falls. Just then ray and gooch return.
Ray: whoa Whoa whoa what's happening here?
Jasper: why don't you ask your side kick? It's his fault Charlotte got hurt! If he hadn't insisted on playing superhero none of this would have happened and Charlotte would be okay!
Ray: Jasper take gooch to Schwoz and help them out.
Jasper: whatever
Jasper leaves with gooch. Ray sits on the floor with henry.
Ray: hey Henry, I hope you know that jasper didn't mean anything he's said, he's just scared and worried about Charlotte right now that's all.
Henry sobs and swipes the tears from his face.
Henry: no he's right ray, me and my stupid ego got Charlotte hurt. I should have listened to you, I should have had a plan before going there to meet Drex. And now Charlotte might..... s...she might......die because of me....
Henry begins to cry some more.
Ray: Charlotte is strong! She's going to be okay! None of this is your fault!
Henry: I wish I could believe you but its hard to do that when her blood in literally on my hands.
Henry shows ray his blood stained hands.
Ray: kid..
Henry: I just need to be alone.....
Ray: maybe you should go home, it's been a rough night
Henry: I'm not leaving her
Ray: Henry....
Henry: I'm going to stay here until she wakes up! I not leaving her! I won't leave her
Ray: your family will be worried
Henry: I texted my dad and told him I'm going to be stay at Jasper's tonight.
Ray: alright.
Ray gets up and heads over to where Charlotte's being treated.
Henry sinks back onto the ground, he wished everything that was happening was just a dream.
                ********
Henry wakes up at 4 in the morning the next day, he doesn't remember falling asleep, for a brief moment he imagines that everything's okay and that he's on his bed at home , it would be a normal day, he'd check his phone and see a 'good morning text from Charlotte and jasper, he eat breakfast and go hang out with them as he normally did when he wasn't being kid Danger, but the cold floor of the man cave brought him back from his reverie, everything came flooding back to him, the intense fear he felt when Charlotte screamed after being hit by Drex's ray gun, the guilt he felt afterwards, he hate he saw in Jasper's eyes, the uncertainty he saw on Schwoz's face, everything came rushing  back and everything begin to hurt again. He wished all this was a dream, he wished the elevator doors would open and Charlotte come running through them. He wished he had done everything differently, he wished he listened to the guys before going to meet Drex. He wished he saved Charlotte.
Henry got up from the floor, he walked around the man cave and saw jasper and gooch asleep on the couch, ray must have gone to his room, he went over  to the area Charlotte was being treated. He was afraid, afraid of what he might see or worse might not see.  He reached out for the curtain but Schwoz opened it first causing both him and Henry to scream a little bit.
Henry: Schwoz, how is she? How is she?
Schwoz: shhh you'll wake everybody up! They only just fell asleep you know.
Henry: how is she?
Schwoz: she's stable, I manage to stop the bleeding.
Henry: is she awake?
Schwoz: no she's in a coma
Henry: WHAT?
Schwoz: shhhhh!
Henry: how long will she be that way?
Schwoz: a day or so maybe
Henry: what does 'or so' mean?
Schwoz: Henry I don't know, she might wake up today or she might wake up tomorrow or maybe a week or month from now
Henry: A MONTH? SCHWOZ RAY SAID YOU COULD FIX HER!
Schwoz: I've done my best! The rest is up to her!
Henry: may I see her
Schwoz nods.
As Schwoz walks away, Henry hears him mutter something which sounds like, 'snapping at me but it's all his fault that she's in the this condition in the first place'
Henry feels his chest tighten and a lump  forms in his throat, they all blame him for this and they're right it is his fault.  He enters through the curtain to see Charlotte laying on the bed. He's glad to see her chest slowly move upwards and down, it gives him hope. He takes her left hand into his as he sits in a chair right next to her bed.
Henry: please wake up char.....
He says this in a low whisper