Chapter 16

DeAnna Kastell

Sarah had left the door unlocked for me so I could just go straight up. "So what are you wearing?" I asked X as I crossed the threshold.

"Navy shirt with smart jeans," he told me, "what about you?" He asked and I looked down at my dress.

"It's a surprise," I decided and dropped my jacket down on the coat rack, "you'll like it, I promise," I said and played with the hem of my dress.

"How many of your tattoos do I get to see?" He asked me and I smiled a little.

"You get to see all of them, only person who does," I reminded him and headed up to Sarah's room.

"So we're going out tomorrow for lunch with everyone, aren't we?" He checked with me.

"Yeah then we're going out somewhere after, just us," I said, "I have to go, love you," I told him and leaned on the door to open it.

"Love you more, Dea," he said and I hung up on him to see Sarah doing Jessie's hair.

"Brian?" Trina asked me.

"Frank, promised some quality sibling time after we all go out," I lied casually and looked at all the make up on the vanity. "I don't need this much to work with," I told them and picked up a tube of lip gloss.

It took me about forty five minutes to do everyone's makeup then the boys showed up; we were ride sharing. "Can I go with Jessie, Griffin and Harry?" I asked Sarah as we headed out. I didn't want to be trapped with Brian right now, especially not Brian and X because I would just feel so awkward.

"Why don't you want to ride with Brian?" She asked me.

"You know how he feels about tattoos and I'm actually showing mine off for once, I'm waiting until we're somewhere public so he won't go off the handles without people thinking he's the dick," I explained to her.

"I get it," she told me, "but your tattoos are awesome," she added and we walked out the door to see the boys getting out of X's car, the one with all the backseat memories.

"Griffin and Harry, you're taking Jessie and Dee," Sarah said, "and we're taking you," she said to Brian with her usual confident manner as Griffin opened the back door for Jessie.

Jessie got in the back and Harry went in after her. X sat in the front with me and his hand briefly touched mine, being careful about Harry spotting it. "We going or what?" He asked us then X started up the car.

He pulled away from the curb first and I switched on the radio. "How long have you two been together?" He asked and I bit my lip lightly. "You don't show your tattoos on the same days and they're different styles but it's obvious they're couples tattoos, and your Martina lie was good but not that good," he said and he was more observant than I'd given him credit for.

"She was about to turn fifteen and I was barely sixteen," Griffin told him, looking over to me.

"Have you two done anything since he showed up in town?" Harry asked, obviously he'd heard how much I meant to X from him when they hung out.

"I kissed her the first day at school, didn't know she was seeing anyone and it had been a year since I'd seen the love of my life," X told him and I was trying not to look at him.

"Are you getting back together?" Harry asked us and X briefly looked over to me before going back to paying attention to the road, whereas I just kept my eyes on him.

"Yeah, we are," I said, no point in messing around with Harry. "I'm planning on ending it with Brian on Monday," I told him and X turned into the parking lot. "It's not fair on him because I still love Xavier," I said and climbed out of the car.