Chapter 17

DeAnna Kastell

I was sitting on the stairs, still all dressed up but without my boots, and I had my old hacking rig open and I was online; I had kept it working and updated with all the new software and tech for old times sake. Frank had never said anything about it and my rig had never been confiscated in the arrest and I had my old laptop not my hacking gear that night with X back in New York.

I had easily hacked into the parole board server and I was monitoring X's tag. I was into the GPS system and rerouting his tag to show him in the halfway house not on his way to mine. It was like riding a bike; I'd never forget how to hack a GPS or a social media profile for that matter.

X opened the door with the key I'd given him, "you better not get in trouble for this, Dea," X warned me and I wouldn't; I didn't leave any traces or my hacking fingerprints like I used to when I hacked people. This was totally discreet and as untraceable as it could be.

"I was careful and I didn't leave any digital fingerprints or signatures on any of it," I assured him and put it down on the bottom step after putting the programme on auto location so it constantly said he was at the halfway house from this location until tomorrow morning when I made it look like he'd left the moment he could to come here without breaking the speed limit once his curfew was lifted because my programming skills and ability to steal my brother's code are exceptional.

"So you and him?" X asked me.

"We're over, we're done," I told him, "and I let slip about my drug problem to Sarah and Brian during the breakup," I added and he helped me up from the stairs.

"So you and me?" He asked me and I just looked up at him with a combination of love and hope.

"We can be together again, from this moment until forever," I said, "if you do still want that," I added, getting a little unsure of whether he really wanted me back.

"Of course I still want you back, DeAnna Martina Castello de Rosa-Iglesias, I love you," he said and I kissed him passionately, wrapping my arms around his neck. X picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist to support my weight, and minimise the distance between us.

I managed to get a hand between us and unbutton his shirt, whilst he unlaced the back of my dress so it would just fall off when he put me down and I dropped my arms.

X discarded his shirt on the stairs and continued to carry me up. He briefly set me down to unbuckle his belt and my dress fell to the floor. "You are so fucking beautiful," he said and picked me back up as his jeans hit the ground.

We went back to making out as he carried me up to my room. Our relationship spanned years, states and prison sentences, blood shed and drug use, and I was stupid to ever think I could be without him. I had always needed him, like I needed air and changing everything about myself could never change how I felt for him.

"I love your brain, Dea, but stop thinking so hard," X murmured against my lips then continued to make out with me before I answered.

"Not my fault my brain is hyperactive when I'm sober and in love," I told him and returned to making out with him in our underwear.

I'd left my bedroom door open after I'd got my rig out from my secret art room but I did remember to close my secret art room to protect my work. "I was not expecting your room to look this," X said and I buried my head in his shoulder.

My room here was nothing like my apartment back in New York or my rooms in any of the family homes. It was so classic American girl in comparison. "I'm planning a redesign," I told him and he laughed slightly.