Chapter 3

Clary's POV

--------------------------------

I yell out "Izrial!" As Jace and I pull out our seraph blades. Looking up again at the giant monster, I grasp more details. It (whatever gender it is) has the looks of a demon, the red eyes and long claws, but it has a strange, powerful aura, unlike any I have ever seen. It's roars shake the ground. I notice mundanes trembling all over the place, eyes full with fear. Except one, across The Lake. She is blonde, with bright gray eyes. She looks at the demon-like thing with no horror displayed in her eyes, just a fierce burning of...anger? I am not sure.

Suddenly, the demon roars again, shaking the ground, as if there is an earthquake. That is probably what the mundanes will remember when this is all over. Looking to the side, I see Jace give a small nod, signaling that we should attack. I start sprinting into the demon's direction, alongside Jace. Over the wind, he yells at me to attack from separate sides. Nodding, I start to veer left as he veers right. My adrenaline is pumping, I am breathing hard from the anticipation of the fight, and my muscles are tired from the training earlier. I smile, because I love this feeling.

Now that I have neared the demon, I cartwheel to the right, as Jace summersaults to the left, and at the same time, we intercept the demon, slashing it with our seraph blades. It starts to disintegrate, but then, as if some other force is lifting up his ashes and gluing him back up again, the demon starts to reform. Jace and I exchange wide-eyed looks, wondering what is happening.

A screech from behind us makes us turn around. There, a flock of pitch black raven swarm together to form yet another monster, yet smaller in size and most likely power. Once again, Jace and I exchange wide-eyed looks. I close my eyes and sigh as I hear a loud snarl come from behind me, knowing that yet another demon has formed. Turning around hastily, I see a giant dog, with three heads, though it is burning like a torch, flames leaping about.

The three demon-monsters start circling us, and I back up, until I bump into something with a thud. Slowly turning around, I look up... and up... And up... Until I see yet another demon, a weird hybrid between all of the other three, this one standing on four paws like the dog, a body of ravens, and red eyes and long claws like the original demon. Gulping, I slowly step back to Jace, being careful to not alarm the beast. Now, there are four snarling, growling, and definitely angry demons hissing strange words under their breath. Desperately, I cling to Jace's hand, and squeeze my eyes shut, knowing that it is only like closing your eyes when a gun is held at your head, it does nothing.

Please save us someone, please.

------------------------------

A/N: I know this is short guys, don't be angry!

-Rachel<3