Chapter 7

Annabæ POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dazed, I open my eyes to see Percy looming over me.

"That should do it, huh?" He says. "That's what those suckers get for trying to crash our date."

Exasperated, I lift myself off the ground, exclaiming,
"Was a tsunami on all of Central Park really necessary? What about all of the poor mortals?"

"Well, do they look dead? I protected them all from the wave, just like you, Wise Girl. As a complementary service, I even kept them all dry. And because I'm so Eco-Friendly, I saved all of the plants as well. I pretty much did no damage to anything but those stupid monsters."

"How is that even possible?" I blurt. "Oh well... never mind. At least it worked. Those monsters just kept on reforming! Clearly, the water finally stopped them from reforming and sent them to where they belong."

"Yep! And now I'm where I belong, right next to you, Wise Girl," he adds, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Flattered, I declare,
"Oh Seaweed Brain, stop it with the silly romance, it makes me feel like we're in a book or something."

Percy grins.

Anyway, Zeus knows what the mortals probably think about what just happened. As I examine the scene around me, I notice that everyone is just standing up and resuming back to normal. It seems like one of those goofy cartoons-everyone around me has no interest in what just happened, and I bet they will soon forget it altogether. Clearly, not even The Mist is creative enough to cover up this occurrence with a logical phenomenon.

Suddenly, my focus shifts to the mystery of those peculiar "demigods" that baffled me earlier. I catch sight of them: the small red-head (who could be related to Elizabeth Dare) and her blonde boyfriend. [[[[SIDE NOTE: let's take a moment to address the cliche in crossovers: just because characters from two different books have the same hair color they OBVIOUSLY look alike😂 yep I just embraced that cliche okay now let's continue on with the story]]]]] They don't seem at all fooled by The Mist; they seem shaken up and determined to figure out what happened. I pretend not to be spying as they steal glances at Percy and I, whispering back and forth their speculations of who we are.

"Who are those creepy people?"
Percy mutters to me.

"Obviously not regular mortals." I state, although I agree with Percy, those two are not the kind of people you would approach at school. Their strange tattoos, black clothing, and intimidating (yet odd) weapons lead me to think that they are that type of people that you just don't want to mess with.

I can tell that they are biding their time, deciding whether or not they should approach us or avoid us.
We meet eyes- and it's an awkward state off as we wait for someone to make the first move.

"Allow me to break the ice," Percy charmingly says. I scurry after him as he starts to strut towards the bizarre people.

I just hope we don't get into the middle of something that we simply shouldn't have touched.

"Hi," Percy states.

Wow Percy, master conversation starter and ice breaker, thanks for that one.

"You both did really well up against those monsters," I say.

"Yeah, it's too bad they just kept coming back," Percy adds.

I give him a look.

"Monsters? Uh... Well, you were fighting well against those, uh, monsters, too," the girl stammers, shooting the boy a look.

"Maybe we should go and talk somewhere more private," I note.

Before anyone else can reply, a new, screechy voice pitches in.
"Oh, I have a PERFECT private place for all of you valuable humans."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
😺BECCA😺