Chapter 10: Never forgotten

I was the last person awake in first class the next morning

I was the last person awake in first class the next morning. I saw Gwen and Sierra discussing strategy to help the team go farther in the game. Heather was getting a foot massage.
"Hey cleo's awake" Gwen said
"That's not my name" I said with a smile trying to be sweet.
"No but it's your new nick name, is that okay with you?"
I wasn't so sure, I needed a second to think about it before I answered yes.
"Clair what's up!" Sierra asked.
"Not much"
"Well want to tell us a story about yourself or family, that's what the rest of us are doing"
"Uh okay, but it's a bit personal" I said "nine years ago when my parents got divorced, my mom left my dad and I, she just walked out out of my life, like I didn't mean anything to her, I guess eight years with me was enough, because My mom left and never said the words "good bye" and "I love you" before she left, she just left and never came back."
"Clair, I'm so sorry that happened to you." Heather said. "Leaving you, is the stupidest thing anyone could ever do."
"I agree one hundred and ten percent." Gwen said.
tears began to form in my eyes and my team wrapped me up into a group hug.
"We will never leave you like that Clair" Cody said   "We love you, and we will always be here for you"
"I love you guys too" I said.
I started crying harder. "I have the best friends in the world." I thought. I know they will always be my friends, and that they'll always be here for me.
I step out of first class to go get dressed. I saw dad standing outside the door. I smile at him and he smiles back.
"Did you hear... the?" I asked dad before he cut me off
"Yes, I did" dad said
"I'm sorry, they just asked about my personal life and I... "
"it's ok, I'm just glad to see that you have such great friends"
Dad pulls me into a hug and pets my head
"I miss her too" dad whispers.
"I love you daddy"
"I love you too honey"