Chapter 40: Race to the end

Today Cody, Heather and Alejandro race to the final destination I thought when I woke up the morning of semi finals. I hoped out of bed to get dressed.

The final three competitors were outside listening to what Dad had to say

The final three competitors were outside listening to what Dad had to say. Dad said that they could use anything in the cargo hold to help get to Hawaii. Everyone was given a GPS to help them find their way to Hawaii. Heather and Alejandro decided to star walking.

"goodbye Clair, see you at the finale!" Heather called out. I waved goodbye as I watched Heather walk away she waved back.

Cody was building a hot balloon I was pretty impressed the balloon looked great.

"You sure you can't come with me?" Cody asked as he was finishing up.

"yeah i'm sorry but my dad said no"

"oh alright you can go" dad said smiling.

'Hop on" Cody said.

I sat on Cody's lap with my legs hagging over the wheel chair he was using as the seat.

"ready to go?'

"yeah I'm ready."

Cody lifted the balloon off the ground and we started flying. We saw dad and Chef getting ready to take of, they were finishing boarding everything on the plane I waved at them as Cody and I were lifted higher into the air. Just then we heard the music bell.
Clair sings Sierra's part Cody says Clair at the end instead of Sierra

Cody and I were headed right for a tree and some power lines.
"Hang on I'm steering us the other way." I quickly steered us away from the tree and let the wind do the rest.
"How far behind are we?" Cody Asked.
I looked at our GPS and tracker. "Heather's ahead but you're still losing to Alejandro " I said. "Wait now your pulling ahead."
"Look!" Cody said pointing below, we could see Tijuana beach.
"I'm making a big turn again so hold on"
As soon as I turned us Cody took control of landing. Alejandro and Heather were there as we landed but they were arguing again and dad was telling them if they wanted to win the million they had to get into the boats Cody and I snuck ahead while Heather and Alejandro were still arguing. I saw Heather shove Alejandro out of her way and she hoped in her boat, "it's so on now!" Alejandro said getting up and starting his boat. Heather made it to Hawaii first so now it was down to Cody and Alejandro but sadly they tied and dad said that Cody and Alejandro would have to do a tie breaker on the next episode, so for now Heather's in the final two. I jumped out of the boat and ran to give her a big hug.
"Congratulations Heather!" I said.
"Thanks, but aren't you a little sad about Cody and Alejandro?"
"Yeah but if it does come down to you and Cody, I'll just be happy one of you won so nothing to worry about yet."
Heather and I smiled at each other and exchanged one more hug before checking into the hotel dad had payed for all of us including the peanut gallery to stay at for the night.