Chapter 34: Cody's promise

Cody was the first person I saw when I woke up in first class the next morning.

"good morning love"

" Good morning" I said rubbing my eyes sleepily. I got up to get dressed for the day

I didn't even realize what day it was until I saw the calendar in my bedroom

I didn't even realize what day it was until I saw the calendar in my bedroom.It was the day that my mom left me and my dad. Tears formed in my eyes as I took a seat across from Cody in first class.
"Clair what's wrong?" Cody asked.
'" Today is the day that my mom left me and my dad ten years ago" I said crying harder. Cody got up and ran out, he came back a few minutes later with my dad, Gwen, Heather and Sierra.

"Its ok baby girl, I got you" dad said trying to cheer me up. I continued to cry.
"Your mother's a fool." Heather said. "She doesn't deserve you."
I wiped the tears off my face and got up to go to my room. I came back with with song lyrics I wanted to perform a song that makes me think about what it was like losing my mom
"Thank you guys, for making sure I'm ok" I said, then began the song.

It's mama instead of baby

I wanted to play another song.
"This song is about how losing my mom changed the way I live" I said and began to sing

I started crying again and I could see tears in dad's eyes. I walked to where he was I gave him a hug.
"I'm sorry" I said "I love you, thank you for being here for me."
"She is a fool to hurt you and I like this" dad said. Heather put her hands on my shoulders and told me she would let me and dad have some privacy.

Later on that day I was by myself and Cody came to see me when I was chilling in my room.
"Well now you know why I try to dress, act and sing perfect all the time" I said as Cody took a on seat on the bed next to me.
"Because of your mom?"
"Yeah, I don't know what I did to make her so disappointed that she wanted to leave me"
"You think you disappointed her?"
"Yeah, I mean you'd have to be pretty disappointed to leave an eight year old"
"So you try to be perfect for your dad?"
"My dad, Gwen, Heather, and.. you"
"I will never leave you like that" Clair" Cody said. "I'm making that a promise, I will also marry you for real one day, you don't have to be perfect for me"
"I love you Cody"
"I love you too Clair" Cody said giving me a short, sweet, kiss. I kissed him back and then he got up and left. I fell asleep smiling. It was a tough day for me but my friends were there like they always are and will be.